What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

nrlnrl

First Grade
[FKN-SIK];10112003;13251 said:
Nope this was before the Mole said anything about it.

Apparently Bunji is announcing his signing on Footy Show tonight

I'm not sure which team you mean.

I have always thought Sharks will sign him & even more confident after hearing that from a reliable contact today

Kiwi

First Grade
I would find if hilarious if Benji didn't sign for the Sharks, Dragons, Rabbits or Storm, all clubs he has been heavily linked to and signed for a club like the Eels out of the blue.

nrlnrl

First Grade
I would find if hilarious if Benji didn't sign for the Sharks, Dragons, Rabbits or Storm, all clubs he has been heavily linked to and signed for a club like the Eels out of the blue.

Bulldogs could be another one out of the blue

dogslife

Coach
The Eels would have to pay part of Sandow's salary provided he gets picked up elsewhere.

And even then they'd be replacing him with another erratic half, who just happens to be over the hill.

It'd make no sense for Parra, therefore it must be true.

bottle

Coach
Benji once said something along the lines of playing with your mates is more important than winning.
Most of his mates now play at the Sharks, and Dragons fans booed and jeered his mate Timmy Loltzen.
I'll be stunned if he signs with Saints.
Just a Tauber ploy to push up his value surely.

nrlnrl

First Grade
Benji -> Dragons

I'm hearing it's a done deal

so what happened to the Storm "rock solid done deal" from April 24, is it time to have your hearing checked ?

I'll agree with you now though reckon he's going to be Benji Red V

Last edited:

BranVan3000

Coach
I'd hate to see Merritt in another NRL teams colours. I'd rather we were paying him a basic wage to play for the Bars and be a backup. Merritt should go ESL though, there is still money for him to make as a rugby league player and his best opportunity will be the ESL

rabbitohs95

Bench
I don't know why we would be going for him we have Sio and Radaara doing well. Maybe to bring some experience in not sure

There was no credibility to the article. Whoever wrote it simply said 'he'd go well in Brad Arthur's no frills game plan' or some crap along the lines. Nothing in it

As i said before though, i think Nate's best option is to either go to the Super League or retire and hopefully get a job with the club. Unfortunately he had a steep decline in form and the body isn't holding up, coupled with the fact we have some young and exciting backs coming through the ranks (plus buying on the lookout for others like Ferguson)

His time has come, however he should definitely be celebrated as a player who holds the second highest caps for Souths and the top try scoring record for the club. It'll be a while until either record is broken.

timka4

Bench
I'd hate to see Merritt in another NRL teams colours. I'd rather we were paying him a basic wage to play for the Bars and be a backup. Merritt should go ESL though, there is still money for him to make as a rugby league player and his best opportunity will be the ESL
I agree, you can tell it's just going to be one of those moves where he gets 2-3 games and then is dropped again to NSW cup then he'll retire. ESL is the way for him imo

carlosthedwarf

First Grade
I reckon he'll go to fullback & hayne moved to five eighth

I'd be close to burning all of my Eels gear if that happened. Offers nothing that the current wingers don't already do better. If you want to change things up put Norman at the back for a game or two, or give Cummins a run.

No point in adding Merritt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts