What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

18th club, whose next?

Centy Coast

Juniors
I've been an advocate for three NZ teams for a long time. I agree that getting the second and third teams up to standard might take some time, but the potential benefits are enormous. Unlike PNG, we can draw more money from the NZ component of the broadcast rights with three teams.
You do realise that rugby union is like a religion in NZ and babies are given a All Black ball straight out of the womb.

Wb1234

Referee
I've been an advocate for three NZ teams for a long time. I agree that getting the second and third teams up to standard might take some time, but the potential benefits are enormous. Unlike PNG, we can draw more money from the NZ component of the broadcast rights with three teams.
You are so full of it

you’ve said nz2 will have problems finding investors for the 30 million license fee

Wb1234

Referee
What you said about being a lover scorned is exactly why I've lost a lot of interest in the NRL over the last decade. I used to force myself to attend games, despite having poor health that made it a burden. I eventually stopped putting myself through the hassle because the game doesn't care about Queenslanders.

Over the last 24 months I've gone from watching games from kick off to full time to just glancing at them while I play a game on my mobile. Some times I go work in the backyard or on my car instead of watching the football. I no longer have the passion to dedicate several hours a week to watching nothing but football because the game has ripped me off.

I'm sick of hearing how we must cater to selfish old Sydney fans and "potential" fans from fumbleball markets while dyed in the wool BRL fans like myself are told to "f**k off" because we're viewed as second class citizens by people in Redfern and western Sydney who have f**k all teeth. We're expected to prop up the game so that the mongrels running the tiny clubs in Sydney can pocket the money we generate. Whenever NSWRL fans talk about growing the game it's always at the expense of Brisbane. NSWRL fans never sacrifice anything for the greater good of the game, despite most of their clubs being poor as shit and having tiny fanbases that are almost worthless.

Look at the bastards on here who are ejaculating over the Bears attaching themselves to Perth so they can get in via the back door!

These mongrels have no shame and think the world revolves around them. To make it worse, they want Western Australians yo prop up their fantasy of bringing back the Bears.

The PNG bid deserves to be laughed at and mocked because it's f**ken stupid and an insult to the Aussie tax payer. There are hard working tax payers in Australia that are homeless. Giving their taxes to the NRL and PNG is the ultimate betrayal by an out of touch Labor party that doesn't care about the Aussie battler. The fact this PNG team will depend on the Aussie tax payer giving it $29m per annum proves it is not worthy of holding an NRL licence. If old dumb pricks from Sydney reckon it's such a great idea then they can send one of their small clubs to Port Moresby and fund it themselves.

Maybe Mr Albanese can send his beloved Elmer Fudds to Port Moresby?
I lost my team and after that went to 1000 nrl games