What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings - 2015/2016.

Status
Not open for further replies.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
What for? Matagi was leaving 2 months ago thats a no brainer.
I think Walker is a better chance at ending up at Manly if he goes.
Chooks have centers .
So do Manly, they couldn't afford Gutherson not sure how they find the money for Walker.

Nice Beaver

First Grade
So do Manly, they couldn't afford Gutherson not sure how they find the money for Walker.

:lol:

If you think Manly have not been offloading players like Gutherson to make space for the likes of Taupau etc then I have a bridge to sell you.

Gutherson also wanted out as he wanted a fullback position and was told he was at least 3rd in line at Manly.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
:lol:

If you think Manly have not been offloading players like Gutherson to make space for the likes of Taupau etc then I have a bridge to sell you.

Gutherson also wanted out as he wanted a fullback position and was told he was at least 3rd in line at Manly.
So freeing up a guy who has played 5 games gives you the dosh to pay for Walker :lol: Ballin and him frees up 1 million i suppose??? Does Tom T or Hiku play reserve grade???

The Pip

Juniors
So freeing up a guy who has played 5 games gives you the dosh to pay for Walker :lol: Ballin and him frees up 1 million i suppose??? Does Tom T or Hiku play reserve grade???

Mate your comments are a bit rich coming from a Parra fan? You have signed about 40 players for 2016? Too funny...glass houses...

Nice Beaver

First Grade

No it doesn't. But getting rid of JSL, Horo, Sao, Gutherson, Ballin, Mason, Lui, Hasson, Gutherson as well as losing Foran AND not having to pay any further contract money to that hack you picked up in Watmough, I'd say there is a little bit in the kitty. His money was in the ballpark of $300k was it not?

And yes, yes, I know players need to be replaced. Under 20's players will step in as well as high profile signings like Moltzen and Green.

Send the dills that run your salary cap over for a few lessons if you like :D

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Mate your comments are a bit rich coming from a Parra fan? You have signed about 40 players for 2016? Too funny...glass houses...
We have signed quite a few players, but have let go plenty of overpriced Nuffies.

Sandow,Lussick and Sef Paulo for starters. Theres about 1.3m there. Sandow was on a ridiculously back ended deal.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
No it doesn't. But getting rid of JSL, Horo, Sao, Gutherson, Ballin, Mason, Lui, Hasson, Gutherson as well as losing Foran AND not having to pay any further contract money to that hack you picked up in Watmough, I'd say there is a little bit in the kitty. His money was in the ballpark of $300k was it not?

And yes, yes, I know players need to be replaced. Under 20's players will step in as well as high profile signings like Moltzen and Green.

Send the dills that run your salary cap over for a few lessons if you like :D
Besides Foran not many of those named will free up a hell of a lot of cash. And you have to replace them even with younger guys or back ups. Actually i think you guys are looking pretty good for next season i still think you have the best back line up in the comp and have bolstered your forward pack.

Nice Beaver

First Grade
Besides Foran not many of those named will free up a hell of a lot of cash. And you have to replace them even with younger guys or back ups. Actually i think you guys are looking pretty good for next season i still think you have the best back line up in the comp and have bolstered your forward pack.

Foran + Twatmough is $900k at least.

And yes, agreed outgoing have to be replaced, which is why I mentioned under 20's players like Knight getting promoted into the top 25. Nuffies like Moltzen and Green would be on base also so all of those low end deals help.

Anyway, better drop this as a forum nazi will be lurking and pouince at any moment!

bfoord

Juniors
Mitch Barnett to the Titties or a mystery club (I'd guess Penrith)

Faiders didnt submit his 2 year deal with the NRL. Dumb f**ks. Gun player.

Furner is claiming the contract is binding and they will go to court to stop him leaving.

and for once Furner is right, the contract is still legally binding. but the Raiders have breeched NRL rules by failing to lodge the contract with them, so it will be up to the NRL to come down on the Raiders.

It is the same reason that Hopoate is taking the Eels to court. They agreed to terms, but due to the Eels breeching the cap if Hopoate's contract is honoured, the NRL refused to register it... but that certainly isn't Hopoates problem

Last edited:

Vic Mackey

Referee
I do love when people claim to know what players are on. Basically when a player is let go they were on double what everyone thinks they were. Realistically none of us know and it's all guessing.

Every clubs fans are the same. Their club couldn't possibly be over the cap but everyone else is.

Nice Beaver

First Grade
I do love when people claim to know what players are on. Basically when a player is let go they were on double what everyone thinks they were. Realistically none of us know and it's all guessing.

Every clubs fans are the same. Their club couldn't possibly be over the cap but everyone else is.

It was widely reported that Twatmough was on $900k in his last year at Manly and we had to kick in $300k to pay him out.

Are you telling me Foran would have been on less than $600k per season?

The rest I have NO idea about and have not claimed to know.

POPEYE

Coach
It was widely reported that Twatmough was on $900k in his last year at Manly and we had to kick in $300k to pay him out.

Are you telling me Foran would have been on less than $600k per season?

The rest I have NO idea about and have not claimed to know.

Wouldn't it be a good idea if the CEO's that are/were considered the most proficient at 'manipulating' the salary cap were asked to put their hand up for Smith's job, who better to control the game than those best at controlling the controllers

Furner is claiming the contract is binding and they will go to court to stop him leaving.

and for once Furner is right, the contract is still legally binding. but the Raiders have breeched NRL rules by failing to lodge the contract with them, so it will be up to the NRL to come down on the Raiders.

It is the same reason that Hopoate is taking the Eels to court. They agreed to terms, but due to the Eels breeching the cap if Hopoate's contract is honoured, the NRL refused to register it... but that certainly isn't Hopoates problem

I thought word of mouth was a binding contract anyway?

I wonder if the Raiders were thinking about releasing him if they signed their targets and this backfired massively.

Either way, i hope Barnett wins as this is none of his fault and he'll get the chance to play more FG footy at the Titans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts