What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings and General Dribble XIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Diablo

Post Whore
gotta have clean hands lads http://www.sportspromedia.com/news/eels_recover_with_skinx/

Eels recover with Skinx

11 November 2013 | Posted in Sponsorship, Rugby, Oceania | By Oliver Millerchip

Australian National Rugby League (NRL) the Parramatta Eels have signed antibacterial hand gel brand Skinx as their official skin recovery partner.

Eels players and coaching staff will use the gel, which is specifically designed for athletes, to minimise the risk of being unable to play due to bacterial infections.

Andrew Aloisio, the founder of Skinx, said: "Skinx is proud to be partnering with a long established NRL club such as the Parramatta Eels, working together with the team in implementing this high performance healthy skin strategy".

The Eels finished bottom of the 2013 NRL ladder to receive their second consecutive NRL wooden spoon. They recorded only five wins from their 25 fixtures and suffered their second biggest loss of all time in a 4-64 defeat to the Melbourne Storm.

spiderdan

Bench
Eels players and coaching staff will use the gel, which is specifically designed for athletes, to minimise the risk of being unable to play due to bacterial infections.
when was the last time a player in any sport was unable to play due to bacterial infection?

Suitman

Post Whore
Didn't Joel Monaghan get some sort of canine venereal disease? That would be classed as an infection, surely?

Suity

The Colonel

Immortal
when was the last time a player in any sport was unable to play due to bacterial infection?

Not sure about being unable to play but I remember a video of Etu Uaiasele having a boil on his leg unpacked that was pretty ordinary. A lot of players pick up infections on a regular basis.

greena

Juniors
I recall Mick Pattison picking up an infection from the SCG. He was man of the match in the semi and then missed out on the following weeks game with the infection.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
A gardener in the Illawarra died about two years ago from getting an infection from a cut from a date palm

born an eel

Bench
steps like this will need to be taken with us sharing the ground with the wanderers.

I hope they also give the seats a good going over for the safety of fans.

Stagger eel

Staff member
I'm hearing guru has already had a setback in his come back, he apparently tore his hammy pretty badly..

Status
Not open for further replies.