What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings and General Dribble XIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRam

Coach
I have a mate who played with the tigers this yr n I was speaking with him last week n I asked him about Brendan santi and he said he cant believe the tigers let him go.He said he is a mix between a dallas Johnson n a young Nathan hindmarsh.will be a great buy and is a work horse.

Thanks for the info mate and I too am very surprised that they let him go. I just don't see the sense in it, but hey, it's our gain.

Yeah, a 20 year old should dominate the NRL weekly. FMD, dribble.

You're a prat!

Nobody said he should dominate; they said he might be able to play consistently at NRL standard. And he might; it's just unlikely.

Also, he's 21 next year, not 20.

Thanks Pou, you just about covered it.

Santi will play NRL this year. He is a gun.

I hope you're right Avenger. That's also the kind of feeling I have about him too. He just seems like the kind of kid that is going to mentally handle the NRL and has the talent and work rate to be successful when given the opportunity. No one is suggesting that he will be an international by seasons end.

I just think that next year we could be seeing the start of what might end up being a very, very good long term and successful NRL career. That's all.

But now I just wish I kept my mouth shut, for fear of raising to high an expectation of the young man or put the dreaded whammy on the poor bloke.

Avenger

Immortal
I know what you are saying, Ram. I have seen plenty of games that he has played and if he doesn't make it I'm a poor judge. He just doesn't stop and has a Hindmarsh type of motor. He is my pick for best buy.

TheRam

Coach
I know what you are saying, Ram. I have seen plenty of games that he has played and if he doesn't make it I'm a poor judge. He just doesn't stop and has a Hindmarsh type of motor. He is my pick for best buy.

Yeah probably mine too.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Thanks for the info mate and I too am very surprised that they let him go. I just don't see the sense in it, but hey, it's our gain.

I remember reading that they did want to keep him but we offered a top 25 spot (and therefore top 25 money). The Tigers obviously had their top 25 full already (or at least had their quota of top 25 back rowers).

No one is suggesting that he will be an international by seasons end.

He already is an international. He just played in the World Cup.

TheRam

Coach
I remember reading that they did want to keep him but we offered a top 25 spot (and therefore top 25 money). The Tigers obviously had their top 25 full already (or at least had their quota of top 25 back rowers).

He already is an international. He just played in the World Cup.

Yeah true, but I meant for Australia. But you're right, already is an international.

As for us offering him top 25 money, well that just means that they didn't value him as highly as we do. And don't give me the, "They couldn't fit him in under the salary cap", crap line. He would hardly be on mega bucks and I'm sure they have kept a couple of lesser players then him in their top 25 that they could of let go before him.

No I just think they stuffed up, is all. Hey we have been doing it for years till maybe a year or two ago.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
It's not just a matter of fitting him under the cap; even if he's on minimum salary, clubs can only have 25 blokes in the top 25.

Agreed that if they had really wanted him they would have planned for him to fill a top 25 spot next year. That's how succession plans work and they obviously didn't rate him that highly. They probably didn't expect another club to offer him a top 25 spot, and expected to be able to keep him with a high second tier contract.

jimmy77au

Juniors
removed - someone already covered it

Attachments

• santi.jpg
    santi.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 7
  • 00104040-leadimage.jpg
    00104040-leadimage.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Status