What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings and General Dribble XIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

natheel

Coach
I think Burrito will be a good pick up. His kick returns could be like Grothes which sets us up for a good set

guruminga

Juniors
I think Burrito will be a good pick up. His kick returns could be like Grothes which sets us up for a good set

I think He'll be great for lulling the opposition with his guitar and singing skills (see the 2nd video link I posted a few posts back); he might even lift morale.

G.

Chipmunk

Coach
Surely we have to be offloading some of these players that we currently have signed up. Like are we now up to player 47? Even if you take out all the Under 20s that is still over 40 players in our squad.

Does someone know if there is going to be a change to the NSW Cup set up for next year? Is the Wenty team now basically a fulltime Parramatta Reserve Grade team with no part-timers at all?

oldmancraigy

Coach
Surely we have to be offloading some of these players that we currently have signed up. Like are we now up to player 47? Even if you take out all the Under 20s that is still over 40 players in our squad.

Does someone know if there is going to be a change to the NSW Cup set up for next year? Is the Wenty team now basically a fulltime Parramatta Reserve Grade team with no part-timers at all?

We're one of the wealthier clubs, if they haven't changed the rules, I see no reason why we shouldn't exploit them?

Pay a bunch of blokes $50k base +3k FG match fees and $1.5k for every Wenty game. Great way of having a look at a team of possible talents, and seeing who has what. $50k + is enough that they should only need to sort out a day or 2 of other work (pouring drinks at Wenty Leagues), and can therefore train pretty well fulltime to see if they can make the big time.

They only count against our 2nd tier cap if they actually play FG, soooo...

Delboy

First Grade
The Panthers apparently had close to $1.75 million expended on players basicly in the windsofsquad, training f/t with NRL. Would imagine Rooters and Dogs are in the same boat, perhaps we are catching up?

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
47 players aren't to bad. You need 17 for the nrl side / wenty / so there is 34 players. A couple of the 47 will be playing u20 ( Pauli, docker, Pritchard, falou) then there is always 5-10 players injured (tonga, loko...... ). Finally a few of the players graduating from u20 (like Gorman ) may not even be up to nsw cup standard, so they could be playing in the bundy cup.

It is good to completion and depth

Gronk

Staff member
47 players aren't to bad. You need 17 for the nrl side / wenty / so there is 34 players. A couple of the 47 will be playing u20 ( Pauli, docker, Pritchard, falou) then there is always 5-10 players injured (tonga, loko...... ). Finally a few of the players graduating from u20 (like Gorman ) may not even be up to nsw cup standard, so they could be playing in the bundy cup.

It is good to completion and depth

I reckon that the new CEO has f**ked the numbers up. He thinks he's still with the Western Bulldogs and putting together AFL numbers.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Pay a bunch of blokes $50k base +3k FG match fees and $1.5k for every Wenty game. Great way of having a look at a team of possible talents, and seeing who has what. $50k + is enough that they should only need to sort out a day or 2 of other work (pouring drinks at Wenty Leagues), ...

$50k pay is a pretty decent wage for someone around 20-25 years old, especially when they are doing something they love with the opportunity to greatly increase their earnings with some decent performances.

Yeah it may not be much for a player with a wife and kids to feed but I doubt many of the younger players are married or have kids.

oldmancraigy

Coach
$50k pay is a pretty decent wage for someone around 20-25 years old, especially when they are doing something they love with the opportunity to greatly increase their earnings with some decent performances.

Yeah it may not be much for a player with a wife and kids to feed but I doubt many of the younger players are married or have kids.

Well the situation I proposed above hardly had someone earning $50k did it?????

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Well the situation I proposed above hardly had someone earning $50k did it?????

Just stating $50 k is a decent about for a young player looking for an opportunity, let alone match payments. I doubt they would need a job if they really wanted to focus on their footy

Chipmunk

Coach

Not if you're in Canberra. It is nothing for 19-20 year olds with one year of work experience straight out of school to be on $60-65k a year. A fair proportion of 25 year olds are on close to or above $100k as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.