What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings and General Dribble XIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Add to that the fact Kearney had only just managed to miss the spoon in his first year in NRL coaching

Kearney's shit squad, you mean.

...and as far as I know there is no connection or history between Hopoate and Kearney...you really have to wonder why the clause was in there.

Could it just have been something his manager put in there in order to break the contract later on and nobody questioned it because they needed a big name signing???

I assume every out clause is opportunistic; player managers ask for them because it provides a potential opportunity for renegotiation.

But Kearney offered to let Hopoate stay with his family. There was a bit of a Polynesian/Christian bromance between them, so who knows.

carson

Juniors
Kearney's shit squad, you mean.

I assume every out clause is opportunistic; player managers ask for them because it provides a potential opportunity for renegotiation.

But Kearney offered to let Hopoate stay with his family. There was a bit of a Polynesian/Christian bromance between them, so who knows.

Hard to blame Kearney for that year as he came in late.Personally I think EGJ's pea heart hurt that year's team. Retiring because the new coach wanted him to train hard.

The point is that Kearney had really done nothing as a coach to warrant a get out clause. Does anyone really believe Hopoate came here so he could be coached by Kearney? His management was better than our management...seems to be a common theme!!!

lingard

Coach
This is yet another example of why as well meaning as he is Steve Sharp is just amateurish and seems to always end up stuffing up when trying to defend our club. Totally weak statement thrown in at the end when he was doing so well. Professionals don't make such mistakes.

Disagree. I think it's a fair enough statement. As someone else said, it's designed to show people that this club still has some pride and is not a basket case. This Sharpe fella is giving me a little bit of confidence that things might get better. And I really need it.

With respect to Sharp, my feeling is that his lack of 'financial expertise' would not necessarily be a problem if we had sufficient quantities of this resource across the rest of the board. I'm not sure that we presently have that (and without external intervention we're probably not going to get it). The current situation does make it difficult for the board to oversee the recruitment and subsequent monitoring of the new CEO. Anyway, I'd still rather a bloke whose integrity I have no reason to question (i.e. Sharpe) than some of his predecessors.

Jodeci

Bench
Congrats to Steve Sharp and his new board on signing up a new CEO of the Football Department.

Apparently Ray Hadley was going off about it in a negative way tonight in air?

Did anyone hear it?

Jodeci

Bench
Well then it can't be Fitzy, isn't he supposed to run the club according to Raaaay

Apparently Hadley gave away a few clues and then stated how disappointed he was cause its a board members friend who has never been involved in running a NRL side in any capacity???

I'll try to find out.

Bigfella

Coach
Seriously what sort of society do we live in where a seriously compromised incredibly highly paid shock jock can make an elliptical announcement about the CEO appointment of the footy club we live and breathe for - we don't know but he can use it to further his agenda.

Is this wrong?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Probably for the same reason we allowed out clauses for players based on a coach who himself was free to leave at any time.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Apparently Hadley gave away a few clues and then stated how disappointed he was cause its a board members friend who has never been involved in running a NRL side in any capacity???

I'll try to find out.
So nobody with any football experience???

You have to be f**king kidding me???? Our club is at rock bottom and they sign someone without any history in running a RL club or any experience in the game itself???? :?

How can we blame Spags and 3P for this????

oldmancraigy

Coach
Why does a CEO need "football experience"?

That could read as "they were never a footy player". Are the list of CEO candidates limited to footy players only.... I hope not.
Name me one company of the top 100 Aussie companies that has a footy player as CEO?

If we get a savvy businessman who loves league and our club, then I'm thinking we're in good shape.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
A CEO with experience in rugby league (as an administrator rather than as a player) would be nice but business experience is far more important.

We also need a football manager type though.

murraymob

Coach
you lot have tried a lot of ex footballers as CEO before how has that worked out.Football clubs are full scale businesses today.You need a person who can manage people and money before how well they catch a football

Before you bag the appointment at least wait to see who it is and what he brings to the club in a business sense

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts