What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings and General Dribble XIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

EelsFan05

Bench
Flanno would be great, JT would be good as well. I don't think Flanno would be coming to work under Smith though.

For god's sake, have you blokes forgotten the ASADA thing? Or are you just happy to hire someone presently under a cloud, then whinge if it blows up?

Daneel

Bench
For god's sake, have you blokes forgotten the ASADA thing? Or are you just happy to hire someone presently under a cloud, then whinge if it blows up?

Ridiculous isn't it. This club is a basket case and people want to hire a coach who may be suspended somewhere down the track.

IFR33K

Coach
So tell me what you know about him. I want to know why he shouldn't be a candidate. Any new coach is going to be an experiment. We are a scientific experiment at the moment.

Suity

f**k all.

But I believe he's been sacked recently. Holds a mid-high 40% winning record.

I think a coach of jt's calibre would be better suited. Knows the structure of our club, good apprenticeship under bs and robbo at the roosters really rates him. Also coached at souths for decent results.

He'd know who performing juniors are at roosters and souths and I dare say would have some pulling power.

Remember da had good years in SL, and look how his tenure here panned out.

Would rather give Jim dymick a go before McNamara.

What's your opinion.

Tommy Coco

Juniors
I can't see any value in the pommy coach aside bringing some old dart talent. The English game doesn't seem to be as evolved as the nrl and i'd assume that he'd only be behind the times?

Both Jason and Neil seem to be good stratigists and Brian seems to be the there for the mentorship / personal growth.

I'm not usually for two bosses but I think these two partnerships gel

IFR33K

Coach

Didn't the essedon (sp) coach James hird get suspended for 12 months?

Flanno would be a ridiculous choice. Even to be under consideration would be stupid.

f**k all.

But I believe he's been sacked recently. Holds a mid-high 40% winning record.

I think a coach of jt's calibre would be better suited. Knows the structure of our club, good apprenticeship under bs and robbo at the roosters really rates him. Also coached at souths for decent results.

He'd know who performing juniors are at roosters and souths and I dare say would have some pulling power.

Remember da had good years in SL, and look how his tenure here panned out.

Would rather give Jim dymick a go before McNamara.

What's your opinion.

Agree, too much of a risk to go with the Englishman. JT for me.

Why would Flanno be ridiculous ?

What IFRKK said. The Sharks are presently under investigation by ASADA, and he is potentially implicated in that. It may turn out that he's perfectly in the clear....but there is a known massive risk factor. The last thing we need is to hire a coach and then have him suspended. As I've said before, if ASADA come out and say everything is cool, different story.

Avenger

Immortal
My choice in order:

Jason Taylor or Shane Flanagan.

Neil Henry.

Daniel Anderson.

Brian Smith.

Jim Dymock.

Paul Green.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.