What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings and General Dribble XIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jodeci

Bench
Let's just hope he puts himself and his family first, gets help and then worries about footy. Here or England, who cares.

I've seen first hand gambling destroy families, beyond the point of repair.

Totally agree

The club (Sharpy) took a strong stance to this regarding one of our own plus made it clear that gambling ruins peoples lives and family.

I'm glad the club made a strong statement and gave him the help/treatment against gambling.

The club has distanced itself from gambling which is great.

Im not sure what Chris Sandow's actual choice of type of gambling is, whether it is tables or the poker machines, but going to the UK where definately machines are virtually non-existent compared to here and table gaming is not as accessible there either, then in reality it might be a good move for him personally. I remember a Cronulla player, Michael Sullivan I think his name was, had a gambling issue and went to the UK, which helped him get over the gambling big.

If he is more into the horses or sports betting well it would be like getting out of the fat and into the frying pan...

Yeh, they have 'fruit machines' but not much else outside the betting shops (conveniently located next door to Cash Converters in many towns).

Let's just hope he puts himself and his family first, gets help and then worries about footy. Here or England, who cares.

I've seen first hand gambling destroy families, beyond the point of repair.

Yep. Spot on.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
So the Parra Leagues pokie den is going to be replaced by the Denis Fitzgerald Carvery?

It's unfortunate, but gambling is part of the Australian psyche. There's nothing more Aussie than doing your arse on the pokies or the horses. Which is why Greeks and Chinese fit in so well.

I bleed blue & gold

First Grade
I don't know if these have been posted anywhere..

Sandow a Red?

Salford City Reds are keen on troubled Parramatta halfback Chris Sandow. The Reds sounded out Sandow's management some time ago and would like to pair him with Rangi Chase as their halves. The hard part will be agreeing on a fee as the playmaker is on about $550,000. Salford CEO Dave Matthews was giving little away. ''I'm not in any position to give any comment on what's happening with Chris Sandow,'' he said.
Eels eye Green

Jason Taylor isn't the only Roosters assistant coach in the sights of Parramatta. The Eels also have Paul Green on their shortlist to replace Ricky Stuart. Both are under contract to the Bondi Junction club but the Tricolours wouldn't stand in their way if they got an opportunity to be a head coach elsewhere. Trent Robinson has rightly earned plenty of praise for lifting the club to the minor premiership but Taylor and Green have also been integral to their success.

El Diablo

Post Whore
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/spo...ford-into-return/story-fnca0von-1226724739139

Stuart fails to talk homesick Milford into return

DAN KOCH
The Australian
September 23, 2013 12:00AM

CANBERRA and homesick centre Anthony Milford appear headed for a bitter showdown after a last-ditch bid from new coach Ricky Stuart failed to convince the young star to return to the national capital.

Since his controversial move to the Raiders from the Eels, Stuart has made no secret of the importance he places on retaining Milford, who along with boom Tigers youngster Luke Brooks is considered the premier young playmaker in the game.

The 18-year-old underlined his class and promise by winning the Mal Meninga Medal as Canberra's player of the year at the club's recent presentation night, despite having played just 18 games, several of which were off the bench.

Stuart flew to Brisbane on Friday to discuss the contract situation. Milford is seeking to exercise a clause in his deal that allows him to return home to Brisbane to be with his ill father.

Canberra chief executive Don Furner has made it clear the Raiders intend to block any attempt by Milford to sever ties with the Green Machine.

However, that position has become almost untenable as the Raiders' secured Stuart after the coach exercised a get-out clause to be released by Parramatta on the same compassionate grounds as Milford.

The Raiders have previously stated their intention to make Milford stand down for an entire season should he fail to return for the start of pre-season training. That situation is becoming increasingly more likely after Friday's meeting failed to yield any positive reaction from Milford and his family.

The Broncos remain ready to snap-up the Queensland under-20s representative, a signing that along with former Bulldog Ben Barba and Roosters big man Martin Kennedy would go a long way to filling the holes in Anthony Griffin's squad this season.

:lol:

Gazzamatta

Coach
I love the way the media skirt around Stuarts hypocracy. The guy has such a high opinion of himself. He honestly believes
a) He is a great coach and
b) He can talk his way into, out of or around any situation.
I have news for you Mr Quitter. You are being gradually being found out by anyone who has any respect or knowledge of our great game. As Ive said before. Next stop Japanese Rugby. I hear they have some wonderful schools in Tokoyo.
LOOSER, QUITTER AND GENERALLY A LOW LIFE.
You can fool some of the people some of the time but not all of the people all of the time.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Sure you don't want him as your coach until the end? How times have changed.
What most of us wanted was stability. What came to light was that the pretender showed his true colours and took the cowards way out.
I totally agree Avenger that its a bullet dodged. Am now very glad he is gone and I apologise for believing any of his bullsh**.

Utey

Coach
Sure you don't want him as your coach until the end? How times have changed.

Gazzamatta said it well, I want stability. The chopping and changing of coaches is the reason for the predicament we're in now.

Avenger

Immortal
What most of us wanted was stability. What came to light was that the pretender showed his true colours and took the cowards way out.
I totally agree Avenger that its a bullet dodged. Am now very glad he is gone and I apologise for believing any of his bullsh**.

Gazzamatta said it well, I want stability. The chopping and changing of coaches is the reason for the predicament we're in now.

Stability with the right people is the key. He never was the right person. That was my point.

84 Baby

Referee
Stability with the right people is the key. He never was the right person. That was my point.
TBH stability with the wrong people would be better than what we've got now. The crappiest building surface is still better than an earthquake

Gazzamatta

Coach
A point well made however we have to start somewhere and all his hype sucked most of us in. I guess we are never too old to learn. Well some of us. Canberra remain true believers in the myth that is R Stuart.
I wish the Tiny Toad nothing but bad luck. Again I say this piece of excrament has bought the game into far greater disrepute that any 7 tackle try I have ever seen.
I also hope the club made him return every article of Parramatta gear etc he was provided with whilst spinning his lies this past 12 months. As bad as the team was it would pale into insignificance any thought of The Great Pretender posessing any item of our great club. I would also like any reference of this goose as coach of our club stricken from our proud history. Lets face it, he was never a coach in any sense of the word.

oldmancraigy

Coach

That's absolute rubbish.

It's the appointing of terrible coaches which got us to where we are now.

We chopped Smith to Hagan, chopped Hagan to Anderson --> and still made the semis under those blokes. Sure, they might have done us no favours in terms of future recruitment, but the changing of coaches alone didn't take us to the spoon.

We appointed SK, who talked big, and delivered little, and whose "dads army" policsaw us go down the toilet.
Sticking with SK for 2013 would have given "stability" - but the stability would have resulted in a spoon.
So we changed to Ricky - which was a HORRIBLE decision at the time it was made. The leopard hadn't changed his spots, and nothing improved over the reign of SK - and had we been stuck with Sticky, "stability" would have resulted in another spoon or 3.

There is absolutely no reason to stick with a loser simply for the sake of "stability". That's like saying we shouldn't have flicked the 12 deadbeat useless players for the sake of "stability". Uh huh, makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts