What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured targets 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yosh

Coach
no one besides dobson and a cheap prop later on in the year. all the money has gone into re-signings. bennett has said they are also saving for marquee signings for 2015, huge amount of talent off contact then.

Matt Gidley?

Interesting that Bennett is holding money to sign big name players for his alleged final season in charge here. He never signed up big at St George. One such in the know Knights insider has told me Bennett and Cam Smith have already had a chat. Very early stages. Us and everyone else i am betting.

Last edited:

Nuffy

Bench
Is it because Farah hasn't resigned with the Tigers and f**kashima is looking more stable than they are?

Won't happen, Farah wouldn't leave Sydney.

Nuffy

Bench
no one besides dobson and a cheap prop later on in the year. all the money has gone into re-signings. bennett has said they are also saving for marquee signings for 2015, huge amount of talent off contact then.

Problem with that theory is you are betting big once, rather than building to a premiership.

Either that or Bennett is going to hang around which I think is very unlikely.

Nuffy

Bench
Wallace might have been the guy to steer the team around and let Mullo do his stuff.

Particularly as he'd be going cheap right now.

Byron Knight

Juniors
Not trying to distract from the game tonight, but did anyone else see this is in the Newcastle Herald? I know the rumour has been discussed here but it seems like this is going to happen, doesn't it?:(

Former Knights forward Clint Newton will be a father by the time he rejoins the club. Newton and his partner, Carly Shelmerdine, are expecting their first child in October, shortly before he reports for pre-season training in Newcastle.His sister Kristie and her husband, former Hawthorn AFL forward Ben Dixon, are expecting their second child around the same time.
The Knights are yet to announce Newton's home-coming, but it will happen.

http://www.theherald.com.au/story/1690614/houston-tackles-dumping-head-on/?cs=2503

Down the bottom of the article

Is it because Farah hasn't resigned with the Tigers and f**kashima is looking more stable than they are?

Won't happen, Farah wouldn't leave Sydney.

It was before that all eventuated. until a contract is signed anything can happen. I doubt though we will pursue hard. All i know is Kurt and Wayne are pushing for gamebreakers for 2015.

Swarzey

Bench
He won't get a start in First Grade. I do think he'll serve us well in Reserves like Tahu and Quinn, but there is no chance he'll play FG unless there's an injury.

Then again, I really don't f**king want him here in the first place if it's true.

aqua_duck

Coach
tonga liki gone to titans

Not surprised, he's stuck behind BJ and Gagai who are both younger and he'd be competing with 3 Mata'utia boys and possibly Tahu just for a spot in NSW cup. Sione Mata'utia will be ahead of him in the pecking order by the end of next year as well

Timana staying on is a bit of a surprise but it is great depth for us. I am still liking the quality depth over signing big name superstars approach. But that is just me. I think Dobson may prove a very Jeff Robson like buy for us.

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
I'm a little surprised that Tahu is happy to stay here on a reduced contract. What do NSW cup players get paid? I'm guessing he'd earn around 50K. Surely he could go to another team in the NRL and make 200K.

voltron

Juniors
if broncos sign either barba or milford we should go for hoffman
that guy is amazing
and id be more satisfied with the attitude and effort than with princess

Apparently you've signed to 'young players' from the warriors. Neither are junior warriors so Im assuming they are playing for the Auckland warriors.

We have a number of very handy 2nd rowers in reserve grade so could be interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts