What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured targets 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yosh

Coach
Seems like there's quite a lot on offer 2015 and 2016. Saw an article on nrl.com.

I hope the club is really working like maniacs to tie down that Mat' boys and working on another secret gun forward or two.

perverse

Referee
Too much of a loose cannon for mine, JM. No doubting his gifts and talent, and I could cop a loose cannon if it was a good forward... but I wouldn't want to risk it on a back in our current situation. We've had such a turbulent run over the past few years... I think I'll consider next year a success if it's simply uneventful off-field.

perverse

Referee
Absolutely tragic waste of talent, totally agree there. Honestly the kid could have played for NSW and/or Australia by now with his head screwed on right.

aqua_duck

Coach
Friend of mine went to school with James Roberts and from what he's told me James is just an industrial grade dickhead

perverse

Referee
Makes you really appreciate the job the Mata'utia family (their Mum, anyway) has done in raising their kids, as well as the clubs grooming of them I'm sure... especially Sione. Sione blows me away with how good he is in front of a camera at his age. Very articulate and intelligent for a teenage footy player. Very humble and respectful.

It's not easy to keep these phenomenal talents humble... especially ones from tough upbringings. It wouldn't surprise me at all if a lot of the reason Bennett, Sheens, etc are so impressed with Sione is his temperament and intelligence relative to his age. He's the kind of kid I can imagine slotting a winning field goal like it was the easiest thing imaginable in a Grand Final... I just don't think pressure affects the kid. So calm and collected. There's no doubt he is future captain material.

We've already seen examples of his maturity on the field... I think back to his debut and that shocking bounce that beat him. A lot of kids would have made a mess of the game from that point, he excelled. Barely looked flustered, just disappointed with himself.

Last edited:
Hopefully house is on a lesser contract. Faalogo is a good one to keep, he is a solid no frills player. Stockwell on 3 years shows the club has faith in him, so hopefully he can repay that faith with good footy.

I can see a real chance of us signing Costigan TBH. He has left Hull KR for personal reasons. If we are looking a bargain buys for next year he is better than most of what is around. His hands can be rubbish but his defence is solid and he knows how to hurt people.

Last edited:

Knight Vision

First Grade
Oh dear Houston for 2 years ? WTF? 2 years of this team being in the doldrums if this bloke is in our top 25 players....I'm lost for words.

Knight Vision

First Grade
I can see a real chance of us signing Costigan TBH. He has left Hull KR for personal reasons. If we are looking a bargain buys for next year he is better than most of what is around. His hands can be rubbish but his defence is solid and he knows how to hurt people.

I like that about him

Swarzey

Bench
I have no issues with resigning Houston for two years as long as he plays up the middle. He's useless everywhere else and while his numbers aren't great by any means, he does enough.

1qaz

Juniors
James Roberts would be a good get. Could play anywhere in the back 5.
Try to get his cousin Kelly to back out of his deal to England as well.
These indigenous kids might have problems but they can do things most other players can't.

Swarzey

Bench
Roberts wouldn't make our back 5 though. As it stands, he would have Sione, Chanel and Mamo in front of him in the pecking order.

And I've never seen the hype around Kelly except for his speed.

1qaz

Juniors
I wouldn't say Chanel and Mamo would be in front of him.
He would be good back up fullback for Gidley as well.
Kelly has been one of the few shining lights at the Titans before his injury.
He's not only quick, but has a good kicking and running game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts