What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured targets 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

perverse

Referee
We can afford to lose one of Leilua or Gagai. Really it comes down to who we see our long term fullback as - Gags or Sione.

If we lose Boyd, Gids and Gagai for 2016 our fullback stocks could suddenly look very thin, though. Mamo needs to improve on his first grade appearances thus far. He is a bit of a forgotten man by myself at times... but it's generally because I've been so underwhelmed by him in first grade so far when compared to his hype.

Sacrolishes

Juniors
I wonder if Gagai realises that it wasn't just Bennett who gave him a second chance... It was this club and its fans. The mind set and loyalty of players is really starting to shit me!! Mole is pretty rarely got any news on the Knights, most of it crappy negative Bennet/Knights/tinkler and thats because its in the papers.

PhilGould

Bench
Gagai is good but wouldn't be a massive loss because we have the Mata'utia brothers. I'd much rather Leilua over Gagai as well.

I will be interested to see how both Dane and Joey respond to Stoney's more open style of play. I can see Joey's raw power and aggression making the most of it and he should thrive. Especially if Tariq plays beside him on the left edge which is going to be odd given Tariq plays a lot of right edge.

Then there is the elephant in the room ie Darius Boyd. Today the Mole is saying Boyd to Brisbane is still unlikely for next season and that The Broncos book balancers attitude is it is remote at best to the point of dismissing it almost completely. So it is still realistic Boyd will stick around for now. I also read in a article this week his wife may have made his mind up for him as in she wants to live in Newy.

Noname36

First Grade
Thing that annoys me most with all this speculation about the Mata-utias, Gagai and Boyd is that it's all going to drag well into next season. To be honest I think it would be in Gagai's best interests to stay put. He seems to get himself into trouble whenever he's up in Brisbane and his skill set doesn't suit Bennett's style. I have a feeling he's going to thrive next season if Stone employs tactics that allow him some space.

knightsarmy

Juniors
Some one please just sort out this Boyd & Mata'utia brothers mess so we can at least start to go forward.Our club seems to be at a stand still

A holding pattern isn't what we need right now

Nuffy

Bench
I again question the competence of Mids et al.

Clubs are signing players every day, Manly signed 3 yesterday alone and I think the Drags signed 4 today.

We have lost plenty and signed no one. Stockwell doesn't even seem to be done.

What about the Mats brothers, highest priority and no progress.

Frankly I think the management are plodders. I note that we've appointed a COO. A business so one dimensional in its model, turning over maybe 20M, needs a COO, I am calling bullshit.

If we need a COO then Mids needs to get punted because he should be doing that role in such a small business. What a joke.

Nuffy

Bench
Kennedy has been released by the broncs, I'll bet we haven't even spoken to him.

Seems we are loaded with props based on our lack of recruitment in that area.

Swarzey

Bench
Apparently he's going back to the Roosters.

I think we're fine for props atm for 2015. Fact is we're not going to win the title next year and I'd rather spend a year giving guys like Mataora and Vaivai a chance, even if by round 20 they're struggling than spend cap space on someone like Kennedy who I've never rated when the market will be full of them for the following year.

Rod

Bench
Clubs are signing players every day, Manly signed 3 yesterday alone and I think the Drags signed 4 today.

Those 7 are duds/depth. Dragons are a bigger joke than us right now for sure, nothing they're doing should be an example for anyone. 2 of those 7 guys have even been released by us in the past. I wouldn't want any of them bar maybe Mason for one more year and Mateo at the right price.

There won't be any progress on the Mata'utias while one of them is playing for Australia.

Last edited:

Joker's Wild

Coach
I again question the competence of Mids et al.

We have lost plenty and signed no one. Stockwell doesn't even seem to be done.

What about the Mats brothers, highest priority and no progress.

Frankly I think the management are plodders. I note that we've appointed a COO. A business so one dimensional in its model, turning over maybe 20M, needs a COO, I am calling bullshit.

If we need a COO then Mids needs to get punted because he should be doing that role in such a small business. What a joke.

Dude, you cannot be serious?

You would be happy with our club signing players, any players, just so we look active in the market? The majority of the Dragons signings are reserve graders at best and Manlys ones are hardly better. We have Sims coming onboard and Stockwell all but done along with probably the best crop of jnrs to come through in the last 10+ years. Its clear the club is looking to back the young guys rather than look to a very lean market and quite frankly I think its the right play

Kennedy is a dud and Id be pissed off if we were talking to him

Merrin in talks with the broncos apparently.

If he is talking with the broncos then surely he would consider talking to us. Plus Newcastle would be a good for for his mrs.

perverse

Referee
Can't make room for Darius... but they can make room for Merrin.

... and then they'll find a way to make room for Darius too. ffs. This competition sucks.

Joker's Wild

Coach
Yeah, the word going around based off the release of Kennedy and Hala is that Darius is all but gone to the Broncos. Given the likely departure of Hoffman too I can see it happening

Its all speccy though, Darius and Merrin, so who knows whats the truth and whats made up

perverse

Referee
It's frustrating to see props getting thrown around like pairs of smelly undies... yet we seemingly cant even get a sniff of one of them. Surely we are talking to these players... we never seem to be linked with any of them... but surely we are. SURELY.

Status
Not open for further replies.