What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured targets 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frederick

Staff member
Awwww poor Freddie..
You're just still upset I caught you a CobeyDelaney out.
Cry me a river.

Yeah you're going to bank on a 25 year old journeyman to play in a key position?
Good luck.

What on earth are you dribbling about?

blaza88z

Coach
1qaz, should Gagai return to Brisbane (I don't think he will for what it's worth) will you also return to the Brisbane forums with his c**k in your mouth?

you make me sick

Noname36

First Grade
What cracks in the presser? There was the only the one time really when he referring to the centres having off days but that was more of a dig at BJ.

There was quite a few individually about Gagai actually...mainly following the games at the back end of the season.

Or maybe they were interviews...either way Bennett took quite a few cracks at Gagai this year.

The Souths game in Cairns I am hazarding a guess would be one of those swipes at Gagai? As I recall Alex Johnston had a field day down our right side.

1qaz

Juniors
The Souths game in Cairns I am hazarding a guess would be one of those swipes at Gagai? As I recall Alex Johnston had a field day down our right side.

I listen to all the press conferences and also the interviews he does with Craig Hamilton. He has never taken a swipe at him.
I don't think Wayne has ever publicly criticized any of his players.

The South Sydney game you talking about.
Not one mention of Dane.

http://www.newcastleknights.com.au/news/2014/08/03/post_match_press_conference.html

Another press conference,
"He's (Dane) been good all season"

https://www.nrl.com/rd-15-press-con...0959/contentid/655598/tabindex/3/default.aspx

Another press conference joking about how "Dane is a Knightmare thinking he's a 5/8th now"

http://www.newcastleknights.com.au/news/2014/07/25/young_knights_stand_tall.html

slotmachine

First Grade
What's the story with these Gagai defenders? Must be related.

He had an ordinary year, missed 1000 tackles and will be off to the Broncs in 2016 to replace Hodges. The end.

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
Am I the only one expecting a big year out of Gagai in 2015? A couple of years ago he was a freak at setting up Uate. Last year he greatly improved his work rate and ability to make meters. If he can get his defense right and have both of those elements firing, then I can see him proving all the doubters wrong.

Noname36

First Grade
Am I the only one expecting a big year out of Gagai in 2015? A couple of years ago he was a freak at setting up Uate. Last year he greatly improved his work rate and ability to make meters. If he can get his defense right and have both of those elements firing, then I can see him proving all the doubters wrong.

I rate Gagai. He has wonderful feet and hands, is elusive and can beat a defender and he's great at setting up his winger. Pretty much everything you could want in attack from a centre. He didn't have a good year but for most of the season we got killed in the forwards and used a game plan where the backs were only used as extra forwards. That sort of thing completely ignores his strengths.

He's just gotta stop it with the arm grabbing and learn how to make a proper tackle. Like you said, his work rate is great.

With Tate retired and Hodges close as well,The competition for Qld centre spots will be white hot in 2015. Gagai, if we are lucky, will be knocking that door down.

Knight Vision

First Grade
With Tate retired and Hodges close as well,The competition for Qld centre spots will be white hot in 2015. Gagai, if we are lucky, will be knocking that door down.

He's destined for a SOO jersey and it wouldnt surprise if he dons the green and gold before his career is out.

Spot On

Coach
I listen to all the press conferences and also the interviews he does with Craig Hamilton. He has never taken a swipe at him.
I don't think Wayne has ever publicly criticized any of his players.

The South Sydney game you talking about.
Not one mention of Dane.

http://www.newcastleknights.com.au/news/2014/08/03/post_match_press_conference.html

Another press conference,
"He's (Dane) been good all season"

https://www.nrl.com/rd-15-press-con...0959/contentid/655598/tabindex/3/default.aspx

Another press conference joking about how "Dane is a Knightmare thinking he's a 5/8th now"

http://www.newcastleknights.com.au/news/2014/07/25/young_knights_stand_tall.html

'Delete your account, it's getting embarrassing for you.'

Swarzey

Bench
Gagai would probably have played Origin this year if it wasn't for his f**k up in the emerging camp. Hodges is one injury away from retirement and I don't think he'll play Origin again next year unless he's 100%. Gagai has plenty of reasons to lift and play the brand of football we all know he can play on a consistent basis.

I think he needs to be trialed as our next fullback throughout 2015 and especially in the early parts. If we can offer him the position he naturally plays and he does well in it, it would have to be a pretty big reason to not resign with the club. Said it a few times, I think he's a player that will develop really well in years to come and certainly someone who can play a big role in any potentially success we may have. Yes we have prospects in Sione and Mamo who could easily one day be our fullback, but if they're also capable of filling in our positions, then what's there to lose?

His attack is brilliant and while he doesn't always show it, his passing game can be pretty crisp. He really surprised me against the Chooks filling in for Mullen. If anything came out of 2014 from him, I saw he has a lot more potential in other positions than playing on the edge.

Spot On

Coach
James Roberts would be a good get. Could play anywhere in the back 5.
Try to get his cousin Kelly to back out of his deal to England as well.
These indigenous kids might have problems but they can do things most other players can't.

Like lose a contract at multiple NRL clubs before the age of 22.

1qaz

Juniors
If he was referring to BJ then I'm certain he's lost the plot. BJ is far more consistent than Gagai.

So there were a few people calling for BJ to pick for origin last week.
How about this week? He was worst on field today. Just proves my point about his consistency.

How about this week? He was worst on field today. Just proves my point about his consistency.

Yeah he was terrible today, but those games aren't as common as they used to be.

Spot On

Coach

Who said he should be picked for Origin? He defended like our other centre has at times.

Quoting yourself now is it! Leilua has been Samoa's best in the tournament bar today. He was outstanding actually.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts