What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured targets 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sacrolishes

Juniors
Yeah not a bad thing t all to be honest to lose Joey. He's on some $$ according to that article so be good to have some free $$ especially with Gids announcement to Warrington. New fresh looking Backline next year with Mamo and Sione getting full-time positions somewhere there.

I would say that all but guarantees Bird is coming here now. We might also be able to have a shot at Myles as well. Solves the Sione positional issue and allows us to give Mamo a go at fullback.

BJ is too enigmatic for a club who needs a consistent level of performer to allow progress. Ricky Stuart is on fire with signings at the moment.

Last edited:

Whats Doing

Bench
The issue for me is that the whole thing doesn't make sense and appears to be something amiss in the knights camp.

It is one thing to have a get out clause if Bennett moves on (which is ridiculous clause to have in a players contract anyway), but when he leaves he moves not to where Bennett is going, but to all places Canberra.

This doesn't make sense and there appears to be more in it.

Raiders have probably offered him a larger contract than he is currently on and knowing that the Knights probably couldn't offer him overs when his contract is up he decided to go elsewhere.

He's not that good anyway, he's a powerful runner and does some great things on the field, but he's a ball hog, gives away stupid penalties and drops a shit load of ball. His form under Bennett was a lot better than it is now and his game for Samoa last night was terrible.

Nuffy

Bench
I would say that all but guarantees Bird is coming here now. We might also be able to have a shot at Myles as well. Solves the Sione positional issue and allows us to give Mamo a go at fullback.

BJ is too enigmatic for a club who needs a consistent level of performer to allow progress. Ricky Stuart is on fire with signings at the moment.

What makes you say that about Bird, I thought the Knights had definitely ruled that out, months ago.

perverse

Referee
Anyone else feel like we've probably spent most of the money already on contract upgrades? I don't feel like this will change much with our recruitment, unfortunately. BJ is great when he's on... but has a LOT of dumb in his game and some soft defense at times, too. I also think he's just generally lazy. I don't think it's going to make or break our backline next year... however it does mean that Mamo needs to be good, because Gags has gone from slim chance to no chance at fullback I would say. We'll be needing him to stay at centre.

Yosh

Coach
Why do we keep upgrading contracts? They definitely don't deserve it... Wish my job would give me pay rises for just showing up to work.

I remember Brian Smith publicly stating the Durea was better than Walshy. As a result he left. I still believe Walsh would have been the perfect foil for Mullo cos Tyrone does not alleviate any weight off of Mullo. The reason we killed it in 2013 is cos Darius was our chief go to man. Check out the number of tries he set up for Macca and Bj.

perverse

Referee
I'd take Walsh. Not the worst option for us at the moment... might provide a bit of direction and definitely gives us another kicking option. His short kicking game is miles ahead of Mullo's - repeat sets would re-enter our vocabulary at the club.

aqua_duck

Coach
I remember Brian Smith publicly stating the Durea was better than Walshy. As a result he left. I still believe Walsh would have been the perfect foil for Mullo cos Tyrone does not alleviate any weight off of Mullo. The reason we killed it in 2013 is cos Darius was our chief go to man. Check out the number of tries he set up for Macca and Bj.

I think Dureau had a lot more flair plus if memory serves me correct Walsh had a few injuries that allowed Dureau to overtake him, then there was a pre season trial against the storm where Walsh stunk it up which sealed his fate

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Looks like we're talking to Luke Walsh.

Better than Tyrone I guess.

Yay!! i always thought it was a shame that we let him go. His 2007 games were nothing brilliant, but he continually gave us the structure we've been lacking with Mullen...

He was apparently tearing it up in England until he broke his leg. Is there any news on him since then??

Status
Not open for further replies.