What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured targets 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joker's Wild

Coach
Walsh? lol that will do me

If youre a half in the NRL and can't tackle you need to be shit hot in other areas to make up for it. Luke Walsh is not nearly that good

Spot On

Coach
Unfortunately his kicking game is light years ahead of our halves. Desperate times call for desperate measures. Maybe he could man up and defend a lot better??????

f**k.

Whats Doing

Bench
The Broncos are willing to offload Ash Taylor and Joey is apparently trying to get him to Manly. I know he is on the Sea eagles coaching staff but WTF. Send him our way

kiwipete

Juniors
I'd take Walsh. Not the worst option for us at the moment... might provide a bit of direction and definitely gives us another kicking option. His short kicking game is miles ahead of Mullo's - repeat sets would re-enter our vocabulary at the club.

I think Walsh is an excellant signing if we get him. I've been watching a couple of seasons down at Penrith since some of the Knights boys moved there and he was killing it when he was there.Just got moved on when Gus was able to sign Soward and Wallace as a package deal.Been playing brilliantly in England before his injury.

According to Newie Herald Jake and Kade are about to pen new deals. I think in th wash up our retention this year has been excellent and we went from losing Gagai, the Mata'utias and potentially Jake to retaining them all. We have a hell of a future to look forward to and our backline will possibly become the best in the game if Mamo is as brilliant as we all hope he is. He was in heavy demand by all accounts with at least four clubs after him. My question is will Chanel be McManus replacment long term? Otherwise I can see us trying to re-sign Pete next season and maybe putting him on the wing from 2017. One thing about Jake is that he has plenty of time on his side and as for Sione he simply needs to be consistent. The talent for both is never going to be the issue.

Last edited:

aqua_duck

Coach
The problem with our retention is we are flooded with outside backs and by all reports our cap is heavily tied to our backline which leaves nothing for the engine room. We're basically a really nice looking car with a dodgy engine and bad steering column

slotmachine

First Grade
Yeah, retention has been great but the proof will come September when we lose Scott, gids, and Bj and replace them with bird and some bench scrub prop because all the cap had been spent on upgrades.

aqua_duck

Coach
Yeah, retention has been great but the proof will come September when we lose Scott, gids, and Bj and replace them with bird and some bench scrub prop because all the cap had been spent on upgrades.

And we'll have the most expensive backline in NSW cup as well as first grade

Jono078

Referee
Weird time to announce it lol.

But it's very good news.

Hopefully that's just about it for re-signings.

I hope we do focus on bringing some good forward or half to us now.

I'm off the Bird bandwagon now. He really has been terrible this year. Lot of mileage on his body and the outside of footy stuff has taken it's toll. He's looking like a player that's past it big time.

Yosh

Coach
Absolutely no point having an amazing backline if they don't get the ball. We need a proper spine.

aqua_duck

Coach
Anyone watching NSW cup on foxsports ATM? Mitch Cornish carving the dogs up, 4 try assists so far and we're only at halftime

I don't mind McCrone either to be honest. Canberra are killing it for quality halves right now. Unbelievable when u add Sezer. How is Shillo going back from injury?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts