What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured targets 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

slotmachine

First Grade
You can't sign anyone decent if you don't have the cap space.

With hages throwing around upgrades like confetti what we see is what we get for 2016.

slotmachine

First Grade
sure, i cant watch roberts play half in 2016. and we'd only be paying whats left over from BJ's deal once smith got a sweetener, so not stupid $$$

slotmachine

First Grade
a few people have been mentioning it for around a week now

started on the eels forum i believe. now there's "friend of a friend" type rumours from the knights side too.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
I don't think Sandow is a long term solution for us but I can't see us getting much worse this year so I don't really care. At the very least his kicking game should be better than what we have at the moment.

Joker's Wild

Coach
Sandow?

Yes, lets bring a notorious confidence player who cannot structure nor lead a side into a team that desperately needs confidence, structure and leadership

perverse

Referee
I don't think we can afford to be picky, to be honest. Sandow is on his last roll of the dice, so should be cheap and at least temporarily motivated. Parramatta also have a long history of paying parts of blokes contracts to get rid of them, so there's a chance there's some of that going on too.

Not sure what to think if we get him... but he is a guy who can do more with our back line that any of our current halves. Could help us avoid the spoon through 1 or 2 of his 'on' games. Goneslty, I can't do anything but welcome the change at the moment.

Ultimately though it's another band-aid which will only go sour long term. Part of me does think that the off-the-cuff style of Sandow would fit us better than nearly any other team in the comp, though.

Spot On

Coach
Definitely suit our defensive structure. Takes a special side to concede 3 tries in 6 minutes.

Bring it on!!!!

Joker's Wild

Coach
Id honestly prefer a younger guy who can be moulded into a decent half rather than a known basket case. If we are looking for a cheap option then we need to be looking in the NYC/NSWCup/QldCup

Joel-22

Juniors
I'd welcome Sandow.

On his day he's one of the best halves in the comp.

He'd be the best half Mullen has played with since Joey.

As perverse said, his style of play will suit the knights better than any other team in the comp. Stone can't coach basic attacking plays so Sandow will just play what's infront of him

I thought our get out clauses were daft but Foran has a management structure clause in place. How ridiculous from Parra's standpoint but clever from Foran's. The club will use Foran's price tag as the reason to not approach him. Never mind finding third parties to at least get him here and then negotiate a back ended deal. The Dogs or Titans will trump us.

Last edited:

slotmachine

First Grade
we need a half, he's miles better than roberts. no bastard will come here because we're a circus.

seriously, i can't believe anyone would prefer to watch tyrone struggle his way through 2016. at least with sandow we can lose games in a more exciting fashion. after yesterday i decided i'm wasn't going to any more games until something changed but i'd get along to at least have a look at him.

id probably prefer cornish, but apparently he's off to a club that isn't a complete joke.

yes we need a quality organising half. but so does every other team which is why we will NEVER be able to buy one. it's like wishing you were a millionaire then complaining when someone gives you $5. (sandow is the $5 here, roberts is the guy pinching money from your wallet).

perverse

Referee
Id honestly prefer a younger guy who can be moulded into a decent half rather than a known basket case. If we are looking for a cheap option then we need to be looking in the NYC/NSWCup/QldCup

That would be my preference too, but I suspect we've enquired about the ones worth having already (the Canberra pair of Cornish and Williams being the only 2 I'd realistically back over Sandow) and been told to get stuffed. What young kid wants to ruin his career by coming here?

We can't even mould a bloke like Mullen - who has every skill in the book - to be a decent halfback... I don't feel that we have the tools to train one here.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
I can live with it if we get Sandow. He's a liability in defense but who in our current team isn't a liability at the moment. At least Sandow would probably create more in attack than the halves that we have a this point.

Although I wouldn't want us to sign him to any longer than the rest of 2015 and 2016, any longer than that and he will get lazy, at least it would force him to play well in 2016 to try and get a new contract with us or someone else. And that way if he turns out to be crap then we don't have to re-sign him beyond 2016. Although knowing our management either way they'll probably offer him a contract for the rest of his career with guaranteed upgrades if anyone else leaves and then he'll be offered an off-field job after he retires.

Status
Not open for further replies.