What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured targets 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
losing Leilua could be the best thing to happen to us in a very long time. I am hearing training is a much happier place and the boys are wanting to throw everything they have at their remaining games. The Hodkinson talk has elevated spirits big time. With all due respect to Tyrone he had his chances.

If we signed Hodko, Glenn and Masoe I would call that an extraordinary effort And something I never saw happening. Exactly what we need. A half, hard running backrower and a massive unit up front. Masoe is only 26 I think.

Rod

Bench
We should have gone after Masoe when he left the Panthers. He was too good to have gone to ESL in the first place.

If we signed Hodko, Glenn and Masoe I would call that an extraordinary effort And something I never saw happening. Exactly what we need. A half, hard running backrower and a massive unit up front. Masoe is only 26 I think.

If all this eventuates then a top 6 spot would be locked in.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
I don't think our results next year will have anything to do with which players are on our team list if Stone is still coaching us.

Knight Vision

First Grade
losing Leilua could be the best thing to happen to us in a very long time. I am hearing training is a much happier place and the boys are wanting to throw everything they have at their remaining games. The Hodkinson talk has elevated spirits big time. With all due respect to Tyrone he had his chances.
It should be. Having such a shit attitude at any successful quality business is unacceptable.

Not dropping him or indeed sacking him is the first of Stones major f**k ups

Sacrolishes

Juniors
Again... Where is the credible source/rumour about Glenn??

Masoe would be fantastic.

Masoe, Pea(sp)? and possibly Hodgo would huge signings for the club.

Noname36

First Grade
I don't think our results next year will have anything to do with which players are on our team list if Stone is still coaching us.

I'm not sure. I'm firmly of the belief that players make the coach and not the other way around. I mean look at this current mob under Bennett who is thought to be the most successful coach in the game. He had like 1 month of success with them in 3 years. For the record I think Stone is a shit coach who only gets away with it because everyone in the club likes him but I can only see a huge player turn over as a good thing given their shit attitude in defence this year is certainly nothing new. When they've seemed so weak mentally under 2 different coaches you need to start looking at the type of players in the squad. We don't want to turn into Parra who keep making their coaches the scape goat to hide a clear culture problem within the playing roster.

Whats Doing

Bench
I agree we don't need to turn over coaches like Parra. What we need is the best available coach who can improve the side long term and which is capable of being a top 8 side each year.

Stone has shown he is not up to it and wants to be everyone's mate.

Nathan Brown or Garth Brennan. Those are the two I would be after. Definite player improves. Brown left Huddersfield and St Helens in great shape. Both finals teams regularly. He also bought the right players to develop his juniors. We are nuts if we pass on Brown.

Last edited:

Knight Vision

First Grade
Nathan Brown or Garth Brennan. Those are the two I would be after. Definite player improves. Brown left Huddersfield and St Helens in great shape. Both finals teams regularly. He also bought the right players to develop his juniors. We are nuts if we pass on Brown.
They are yet to prove themselves of anything in first grade NRL. I would be going after a proven performer to change the culture. A strong character that will attract players such as Micheal Maguire or Ivan Cleary when they become available, I'd throw the kitchen sink at them.

Knight Vision

First Grade
I vote for Santa Claus or the Easter bunny.

Just as likely as cleary or Maguire

Quite amazing really.:roll: Everyone banging on about the clubs perennial mediocrity but no one willing to aim high for the best. Hence the cycle of nothingness continues.

If you believe in your own mind that anything is possible, have the confidence and work hard towards the goal then success will come.

If money was no object I would work on Des Hasler.

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
Brown might be a good option, he will be looking for redemption so this might be the club too do it at, plus he would have a nice scouting list from England, so could possibly get some decent kids from there as well.

Knight Vision

First Grade
Brown might be a good option, he will be looking for redemption so this might be the club too do it at, plus he would have a nice scouting list from England, so could possibly get some decent kids from there as well.

Yeh right . A ship in troubled waters being Captained by a bloke without much experience and any previous success at steering a boat in great weather.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts