What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured targets 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

slotmachine

First Grade
I feel bad for the kid if we kick him out but he's just not good enough.

Why feel bad for him? If he's really on 400k he won the f**king lottery.

Also, not sure why everyone wants us to go for the coach of the only side in the comp going worse than us. I thought we were trying to bring about a change that didn't encourage the mediocrity we've been having?

Des left him with one of the top 2 or 3 squads in the comp and he's destroying it.
Hagan mkII

Jono078

Referee
Lol Tyrone dummy spit about being dropped..

No wonder Stone doesn't drop players, we wouldn't have a team if they carry on like that.

BJ's gone, Roberts should be next. And if anyone else has that sort of attitude they can follow them.

Loose Cannon

Bench
I wonder if Matautia will also have a tantrum, when he should be rightly dropped. The bye, and Stone's selection criteria probably saves him anyway. I don't care how many injuries we have, he needs to go and learn how to defend. Let's see if an 18 year old has the maturity that Leilua and now, Roberts are missing. Big ups if he can respect the decision, but he has few role models within the squad, from the looks of it. I would hope Scott or Smith sit him down.

aqua_duck

Coach
I wonder if Matautia will also have a tantrum, when he should be rightly dropped. The bye, and Stone's selection criteria probably saves him anyway. I don't care how many injuries we have, he needs to go and learn how to defend. Let's see if an 18 year old has the maturity that Leilua and now, Roberts are missing. Big ups if he can respect the decision, but he has few role models within the squad, from the looks of it. I would hope Scott or Smith sit him down.

Sione got dropped earlier in the year, firstly to the bench then played NSW cup as well.

aqua_duck

Coach
Lol Tyrone dummy spit about being dropped..

No wonder Stone doesn't drop players, we wouldn't have a team if they carry on like that.

BJ's gone, Roberts should be next. And if anyone else has that sort of attitude they can follow them.

Stone has to take part of the blame, I'm no Bennett fan but this wouldn't happen under his watch. This is a make or break time for stone, he needs to reign them in and draw the line between player and coach. The way he handled the Leilua situation was a debarcle, Stone wasn't happy about BJ coming back unfit and overweight but did nothing about it, after he announced he was leaving next year and dead set stopped trying, stone still did nothing about it, BJ deadset dropped a thousand hints he wasn't 'buying in' and didn't want to be here, poor bloke actually had to come out and say it before Gidley (to his credit) released him otherwise no doubt stone still would've kept picking him everyweek

Noname36

First Grade

Sione has already been dropped this year and he took it like a champ.

Not every single one of them have the terrible attitude so we probably need to get the shit out before it infects the entire playing roster.

Swarzey

Bench

Sort of shows how little you know considering Sione has always handled himself with class and respect. He's mature beyond his years, even when people cricitised his place in the Four Nations side, he knew his place and how lucky he was to be picked to begin with. He's been dropped this year, not by form but still, he was dropped to NSW Cup and like Noname said, he took it like a champ.

Never said we should sign Toovey. I said he is the sort of coach we need. Secondly LOL at speculating on Sione. U can write him off all you like. He is a champion in the making. If we don't want him watch wayne turn him into one of the best in the game. He won't need a second invitation. Wayne did not pick him at 18 by accident. He said he was waiting for the day he turned 18. Sheens is the idiot who got carried away by selecting him for a test when he was nowhere near ready.

Frederick

Staff member
No-one said he was a champion...they said he took being dropped like a champion. He certainly didn't carry on like a pork chop like leilua and Roberts have.

In_Hearts_Wake

Juniors
No-one said he was a champion...they said he took being dropped like a champion. He certainly didn't carry on like a pork chop like leilua and Roberts have.

Showstopper said he was a champion in the making. Apart from scoring a few simple try's last season he hasn't really done anything.

In_Hearts_Wake

Juniors
Andrew johns just said on the footy show that sione should be dropped to learn his craft because his Defence isn't up to scratch. I have to agree with him. What is better for the kid? Getting schooled every week and having 2 or 3 try's scored against you, which would be having a huge impact on confidence. Or getting dropped, sucking it up and building that confidence back up in the 20s and learning the craft a bit more.

aqua_duck

Coach
Andrew johns just said on the footy show that sione should be dropped to learn his craft because his Defence isn't up to scratch. I have to agree with him. What is better for the kid? Getting schooled every week and having 2 or 3 try's scored against you, which would be having a huge impact on confidence. Or getting dropped, sucking it up and building that confidence back up in the 20s and learning the craft a bit more.

Problem is who do you replace him with? I'd personally switch him and Jimmy.

knightsarmy

Juniors
Who are our halves coaches ?
Tyron has lost confidence and in my opinion would like to see him come off the bench -plays better there
unfortunately Gidley isn't a half though he has been playing better there, he is a fullback but doesn't have the flair of the young guys but has the level head

Loose Cannon

Bench
Sort of shows how little you know considering Sione has always handled himself with class and respect. He's mature beyond his years, even when people cricitised his place in the Four Nations side, he knew his place and how lucky he was to be picked to begin with. He's been dropped this year, not by form but still, he was dropped to NSW Cup and like Noname said, he took it like a champ.

And as Noname said we need to make sure the kids are not corrupted by the Prima donnas.

And as you claim, he hasn't been dropped form related. He may well know his place, but it's how he responds to some "tough love" to which he hasn't been subjected this year, (at least by my little knowledge on the subject, as you put it, O Great One, Master and Keeper of All Knowledge with Regard to the Human Psyche.)

I want Sione in our future, but he isn't ready, and a stint in lower grades will do him the world of good at this time. If he views it the same way, more power to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.