What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured targets 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swarzey

Bench
Brown did shit f**k all at Huddersfield. They were a upper mid table side with their occasional solid season finishing 3rd/4th. St. Helens has been a quality side and their placements after the seasons before him show he simply walked into a premiership side.

Nathan Brown epitomises the old boy culture. Garth Brennan for mine. At least with him I'm expecting absolutely nothing; a nice white sheet of paper to mark his successes and failures.

Noname36

First Grade

Joking right?

Not sure about Brennan. He's from the ex Newcastle boys club and a rookie. I don't think that's what we need. We need an impartial, detached, experienced hard arse IMO (aka everything the club disagrees with).

Last edited:

Swarzey

Bench
Then I'd support Toovey coming here. The way he's been treated at Manly has been nothing short of a joke. Was handed a side that the board knew was f**ked when it came to the contract situations of players and has been made the scapegoat for the embarrassment that has unfolded this season.

Yosh

Coach
I say we go for Toovey. That guy knows how to dish out a bollocking to the lads after a loss.

I cannot believe Manly are entertaining the idea of letting Toovey leave. He is great coach. This is the NRL. Only comp you can win and then win the spoon the next season. He has been up against it from day one. He has a GF win and another appearance to go with it. Barrett nowhere near his ability yet. Letting go of Stewart and Watmough were two massive calls. he broke the sense of entitlement those players felt they had. Backbone. He is exactly the sort of coach we need.

Last edited:

Haffa

I cannot believe Manly are entertaining the idea of letting Toovey leave. He is great coach. This is the NRL. Only comp you can win and then win the spoon the next season. He has been up against it from day one. He has a GF win and another appearance to go with it. Barrett nowhere near his ability yet. Letting go of Stewart and Watmough were two massive calls. he broke the sense of entitlement those players felt they had. Backbone. He is exactly the sort of coach we need.

They won that GF under Des.

I agree though I'd love to see Toovey in charge. We need someone with a bit of fire.

Frederick

Staff member
I'm getting the feeling the club might try and get rid of Tyrone before June 30...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 52
Unprofessional. Won't win him any friends. You can only speculate why but it would most likely have to do with the offer we are putting to Hodkinson this week. At least the club is not going soft with Tyrone.

Last edited:

Noname36

First Grade
BJ and Tyrone's reactions to getting dropped/threatened to be dropped really highlight the terrible attitude within the squad.

Also, not sure why everyone wants us to go for the coach of the only side in the comp going worse than us. I thought we were trying to bring about a change that didn't encourage the mediocrity we've been having?

Status
Not open for further replies.