What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured targets 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joker's Wild

Coach
Looks like we nabbed Paul Sironens nephew, Damian from the Tweed Heads Seagulls

Good prop. Has been going well in the ISC and is pretty young. 190cm and 112kgs means he has some good size too

Knight Vision

First Grade
Looks like we may be on the outer.

http://www.sportal.com.au/league/nr...e-to-two-nrl-clubs/18ii0yatwfb2v1gf1cu0nykfgl

Hodko in demand
The fight for Trent Hodkinson’s future has become a battle of two, with the Knights and Titans duelling to sign the Blues halfback star.
The Knights hold the upper had at the moment, with a three years offer compared to the Titans’ two year deal.
But Gold Coast, desperate for a quality half-back in the wake of the Daly Cherry-Evans backflip affair, are about to up the ante.
They are set to increase their offer from two to three years - and also throw more money at Hodkinson than the Knights.
That would make them the new favourites to sign the goal kicking halfback, who now seems unlikely to get an offer from his own club, the Bulldogs, worth considering.
Hodkinson’s manager has also sounded out several English clubs and there has been some interest from the UK.
But the halfback’s preference is to remain in the NRL and he’s likely to decide between the Titans and Knights after next week’s third and final State of Origin clash.

Rodney

Juniors
Looks like we may be on the outer.

I think it was a matter of time really.
The titans have DCE money and no-one to spend it on.

Especially considering Tyrone is still on the books for next year you don't think the admin want to be spending 1.5 + mil on halves all up.
We were only going to get him if the Titans found someone else to overinvest in

voltron

Juniors
doogs was on triple M on the weekend, and he doesnt see him as a long term prospect, hoko that is.
he thinks we should invest in a young halfback.

Would it be worth making a punt on Cornish?

Jono078

Referee
Ashton Sims is a player that's gotten better with age and became a real leader.

Would love him here and he shouldn't break the bank!

And I don't want to compete with the Titans for Hodkinson. I'll be happy if he comes but not a player I want to fight over and give us salary issues for the next 3 years.

Noname36

First Grade
As disappointed as id be not to get Hodkinson, the fact that we went after a half proving we didn't think we were fine with Tyrone still makes me happy.

Swarzey

Bench
f**k sake. He's 25. Even if the club looks at Lamb and Cogger as the future halves of the club, they're 4/5 years away. Of course, the club is all about the boys and I'm sure they'll listen to Doogs before the fans.

As for Cornish, well, we can either chase someone whose struggling to crack first grade (Sam f**king Williams, please) or we can chase the current NSW halfback who has proven himself to be a clutch player when needed and carried a dud 5/8 to a grand final. Yeah, it's not very hard to see which is the better choice. Regardless of what the Titans throw at him, the club simply NEEDS to get into a war with them over his signature. If it comes at a cost then it comes at a cost.

Alex28

Coach
The club is showing the right signs, but we cannot just cave to the Gold Coast over Hodgkinson. We NEED him. Having a go and losing out is not an option.

The club has taken some decent steps forward over the last few weeks, but now is the time to show we won't be walked over.

aqua_duck

Coach
f**k sake. He's 25. Even if the club looks at Lamb and Cogger as the future halves of the club, they're 4/5 years away. Of course, the club is all about the boys and I'm sure they'll listen to Doogs before the fans.

As for Cornish, well, we can either chase someone whose struggling to crack first grade (Sam f**king Williams, please) or we can chase the current NSW halfback who has proven himself to be a clutch player when needed and carried a dud 5/8 to a grand final. Yeah, it's not very hard to see which is the better choice. Regardless of what the Titans throw at him, the club simply NEEDS to get into a war with them over his signature. If it comes at a cost then it comes at a cost.

Hodkinson is 27 this year and its a myth he carried anyone to a grand final, they made the grand final 2 years early with Kris Keating in Hodkinson's place, when you have those kind of troops around you then it's not hard to just keep it simple, under no pressure to create anything (and didn't). Not saying he's a bad player and I'd welcome him but people are making out that he's in the JT/cooper Cronk class of halfback, he simply isn't, in fact I he'd be about middle of the pack out of 16 halfbacks for mine.
As for Cornish, he's still a young kid and he did well when Williams was hurt, and Williams was made to look good when Austin exploded and Williams just happened to be in the side. You might look and see oh he's not in first grade at the moment but Blake Austin was struggling for a first grade spot this time last year, Ben Hunt was in the same boat 2 years ago, anyone who watches any lower grades or seen Cornish play in the juniors would've seen a player who was clearly a cut above, and he'd cost 150k not 700k

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts