What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured targets 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

slotmachine

First Grade
Four years for a guy who couldn't use stairs without pain before radical stem cell therapy.

I liked the 3 years 1.65m rumour alot more.

Spot On

Coach
He's obviously pushed for the extended contract. He's getting good money and a year too long. Hope he's worth it.

Sacrolishes

Juniors
I think it'll be totally worth it gaining Hodgkinson. Otherwise I feel we will be relying on the hopes two very young halves come good in 2-4 years time. And Lamb is switching between FB now too. Building a team around Mullo and Hokko and then building around a front rower or two added next year will be easier then hoping what we have will improve. It'll steady our attack an composure having experienced players like this. Could speed up our process.

If this comes true after Origin then I say well done Knights.

otori

Juniors
This is a good move. It strengthens our spine with experience and allows us to bring through two younger spine players in Mamo and Levi by relieving the pressure on them. While I tend to agree there were other good options, Hodkinson is a good signing and we're not overpaying

Sacrolishes

Juniors
Triple M also reporting its a done deal at Titans. But they basically repeated the story that Tits are "very interested" and then just repeated the text from Hokko saying "it hasn't been a distraction and will announce it after Origin 3" just two news companies throwing shit at fan currently. No-one ever know what the Knights are planing when it comes to Signings. Very sneaky. Which I kind of always liked.

I don't reckon we will chase a form prop soon if this Hodko deal is the case.
Vai'Vai, Mataora and Tapine have all showed promise even though they have been up and down a bit. Mataora had a regular NRL spot and Bennett wanted him to follow to the Broncos.
With Sironen signed I reckon we will either try to develop more fwds or look at younger guys to fill the spots in NSW Cup if these blokes move up.
I still reckon we need a form Prop but the $$$ and the current signings might limit that. Maybe after a few on the books now are done we'll be chasing.

Jono078

Referee
All in all, I'm happy with him signing.

We've looked like a lost bunch that lack finishing touches at most times this year and I think he'll bring the organization and smart decisions that we've been lacking.

Can't wait and it definitely gets me excited for 2016.

Knight Vision

First Grade
I don't have a problem with the money especially with the cap going up soon but the 4 years could cause some problems. It could mean we lose either Jack Cogger or Brock Lamb, potentially both if Mullen re-signs after 2018

Arent those boys like 17 at the moment ? Plenty of time to ease them in. They'll be 21 by the time his deal's up and if they're both that good either Hodko or Mullen get moved on.

Whats Doing

Bench
Happy with the signing, the amount and term of the contract.

Hope this is the start of successfully contracting good players irrespective of where they come from.

Status
Not open for further replies.