What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured targets 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knight Vision

First Grade
Never been more confident about a culture problem at the club. Whoever they replace Stone with needs to bring an overhaul to how they train, how they prepare and carry themselves.
Matty Johns mentioned some time ago on TRIPLE MMM that some NRL head coaches employ talented assistants ( think Jason Taylor with the Roosters when they won the premiership ) that are capable of a head coaching role and these are the most successful first grade coaches. They gather an experienced talented team to support them. They are confident in themselves and compile a coaching team to win

Other less confident NRL coaches gather assistants that are no where near capable of being a head coach and thus no threat to them.

I think Stone falls into the later category. As much as I love Bedsy, what is he doing as an assistant so soon after retirement? He hasnt any experience or proven success in an assistants role.

There is no coaching support to create success at this club. Before any new players are signed to the club WE NEED A COACH. And a very very good one. Money needs to be spent to get them.

Stone is not the answer.

Even forgetting injuries this year this roster has not responded to Stone. It is blatantly obvious that the problem with this team is the coaching staff.

I was heartened to read the club had put the feelers out for Laurie Daley. At least they're aware of problem and looking to recruit a top coach to the club.

Currently we have a Matthew Elliot coaching the team. Nice guy but will always finish last.

They all look disinterested.

Daley has never coached at club level. I am not sold on him until he succeeds doing the grind 52 weeks a year. He only has to worry about 2 months a year. We need a senior coach who will take no prisoners with under performers but more importantly it is his way or the highway with discipline. The players hurt when they let him down.

Jono078

Referee
FFS please no to Horo!

Would rather take a punt on a reserve grader than make a signing like that.

Silent Knight

First Grade

It's all part of Coach Bonehead's Strategy for Success...

latest

Rod

Bench
Horo looked good at Manly for about half a year before going back to being barely first grade standard.

I'm guessing Alex Glenn isn't happening.

Noname36

First Grade
Happy we didn't get Loz anyway. He has an obsession with Gidley and he'd probably try to convince him to stay lol

PhilGould

Bench
Not sure how soon Willis Meehan will be allowed to return to the NRL or if he'll even be keen to, but if he's available I hope we go after him.

PhilGould

Bench
We have a no dickheads* policy so will never happen.

*unless they come from the Hunter
Gagai & Leilua were both signed after being sacked from their old clubs. I know Bennett would've been the major reason they came but still, anything is possible. I don't think Meehan will be back in the NRL anytime soon, though.

macavity

Referee
Gagai & Leilua were both signed after being sacked from their old clubs. I know Bennett would've been the major reason they came but still, anything is possible. I don't think Meehan will be back in the NRL anytime soon, though.

Won't happen now - McGuigan made it abundantly clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts