What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured targets 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nuffy

Bench
Barry Toohey seems to think our offer is around 1.65 million over 3 years. Pretty good value if that's the case.

That's 550k a season which seems in market, considering we were going to pay Roberts 400k, that seems like a decent deal.

Alex28

Coach
Barry Toohey seems to think our offer is around 1.65 million over 3 years. Pretty good value if that's the case.

This sounds more like it. $700-800K was way overs. $550K for an Origin incumbent halfback is more than reasonable. Now let's get it done!

Alex28

Coach
We have to look outside the club to build the squad, and we have to start somewhere. I know we are short on front rowers, however the directionless nature we have gone around the field this year dictated that halfback had to be the starting position.

The club needs to be applauded for taking notice of the criticisms made against them and doing something.

It could be a case of the club board waiting to see what the climate of the place is from a fans perspective. The lesson here is that if you want things to change you have to speak up or else nothing will be altered. I feel there has to be a fair argument to lay blame at the feet of the general Knights fanbase who are very very passive. They live on hope instead of cold hard reality. To me that is far more annoying than the board or decisions from Hages or Gids. I think our board are going to really take us places as long as we all have open dialouge and steer clear of ego and critcisms. It could be a special relationship and a rare one. a board who actually listens to the fans.

Last edited:

Whats Doing

Bench
If we do get Hodgko, it will be interesting who was instrumental in getting the deal over the line. It appears someone from the Board and not Hages or Gids. hmmm

Knight Vision

First Grade
JT is an immortal in the making. Look at those stats!

Surely you jest. The bloke is lucky to be playing in an era with a dearth of top quality halves ( hence our little discussion about Hodko ) As I've said before in the land of the blind the one eyed man is King.

JT is a great player. Right up there with Stuart, Sterling , Mortimor etc but a player that transcends the quality of halves of any generation or a player who has fundamentally changed the role of a halfback ? Pllllease.

If he is inducted it will render the whole concept a joke.

It would be like the Catholic church beatifying anyone they can find to keep themselves relevant.

Dave_

Juniors
Surely you jest. The bloke is lucky to be playing in an era with a dearth of top quality halves ( hence our little discussion about Hodko ) As I've said before in the land of the blind the one eyed man is King.

JT is a great player. Right up there with Stuart, Sterling , Mortimor etc but a player that transcends the quality of halves of any generation or a player who has fundamentally changed the role of a halfback ? Pllllease.

It would be like the Catholic church beatifying anyone they can find to keep themselves relevant.

+1

Great player but obviously the best of a bad bunch.

Nuffy

Bench
Why do you say that?

Because I think its been quoted that Quayle spoke to him about how the club is getting its act together.

And I suspect that if thats in fact true then it would carry a fair amount of weight based on his background.

Alex28

Coach
I'm willing to bet it was Gids - someone said that he was keen to go out to market at the time Tyrone was upgraded and was overruled by Bennett. It's funny that as soon as the club sees that there is an appetite from the fan base to look outside the club they get out there and do it.

I'd like to think we had a little bit to do with it!

Joker's Wild

Coach
Not really considering the cap and grant increases over the coming years

Not sure why you felt the need to single me out in your post anyway when there were others in here happy to throw much more at him

Nuffy

Bench

+2

The bloke is the best half at a time when you can count the good ones on one hand.

His reputation has been enhanced by playing in a great Qld side.

perverse

Referee
Slight overs and contract is too long, but not the hardest deal to swallow if true. Maybe we could even get proactive with our recruitment and retention and shop him around if we need to near the end of his contract.

PhilGould

Bench
I don't have a problem with the money especially with the cap going up soon but the 4 years could cause some problems. It could mean we lose either Jack Cogger or Brock Lamb, potentially both if Mullen re-signs after 2018

Swarzey

Bench
50k more than what we believed? Cap goes up next year and the year after, Smith will retire next year. Happy with 600k tbh.

The length is a bit concerning however if him and Mullen click the way we all hope they will then it's going to be a fair bit of weight off our minds.

Status
Not open for further replies.