What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured targets 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swarzey

Bench
Extend. Extend. Extend. Extend. Love of god, please extend their contracts.

Can't lose any of them, especially Levi.

Reports from Matt Logue on Twitter that Houston told to look elsewhere and that Stone has told the club he wants to clear the decks big time. If that is the case Stone is very aware his career's moment of truth has arrived. Thank God. Hagan also mentioned at least one more marquee is the aim.

Burwood

Bench
It sounds promising from Stone, yet just 4 days ago he drops 2 young guys from the bench and brings Houston and Newton into the side.

slotmachine

First Grade
Can't argue with results.

The young guys were leaking tries like a sieve (156 points in 4 games) with Sione doing a great impersonation of a windmill. They all get dropped/injured and Titans don't cross the stripe.

Yeah yeah, the Titans are ordinary, but so are the Raiders and Sharks.

aqua_duck

Coach
Can't argue with results.

The young guys were leaking tries like a sieve (156 points in 4 games) with Sione doing a great impersonation of a windmill. They all get dropped/injured and Titans don't cross the stripe.

Yeah yeah, the Titans are ordinary, but so are the Raiders and Sharks.

That's a very simplistic view, firstly sharks and raiders are fringe top 8 teams, titans are worse than us, secondly, there are about half a dozen blokes who struggle defensively, why just scapegoat the young guys? Your edge defence starts with your 2 edge backrowers, Tariq sims and beau have been shocking this year

aqua_duck

Coach
Reports from Matt Logue on Twitter that Houston told to look elsewhere and that Stone has told the club he wants to clear the decks big time. If that is the case Stone is very aware his career's moment of truth has arrived. Thank God. Hagan also mentioned at least one more marquee is the aim.

This is what I don't understand, Houston was re-signed only a few months ago by none other than stone and hagan, now I'm not a Houston fan and would gladly see him gone but to be fair he's met if not slightly exceeded expectations this year. I mean you sign a guy, he performs as you'd expect him to, and then you turn around and decide its not quite good enough? That just reeks of bad planning

perverse

Referee
This is what I don't understand, Houston was re-signed only a few months ago by none other than stone and hagan, now I'm not a Houston fan and would gladly see him gone but to be fair he's met if not slightly exceeded expectations this year. I mean you sign a guy, he performs as you'd expect him to, and then you turn around and decide its not quite good enough? That just reeks of bad planning

Totally... House has actually been better than his last couple of years, which isn't saying too much admittedly. Puzzling, though.

aqua_duck

Coach
Totally... House has actually been better than his last couple of years, which isn't saying too much admittedly. Puzzling, though.

Imagine buying a car from a dealership, does all it's advertised to do, exceeds expectations than you take it back for a refund a year later because you realised you made a ill conceived choice at the time......

Are we admitting we might miss House? The bloke is a top clubman and I agree it is pretty harsh to ask a guy who plays with his heart to leave. I am happy to have him in the 17 as long as we have impact around him.

Jono078

Referee
Are we admitting we might miss House? The bloke is a top clubman and I agree it is pretty harsh to ask a guy who plays with his heart to leave. I am happy to have him in the 17 as long as we have impact around him.
What do you mean by top clubman?

I think we need to re-define what we want in a clubman.

I don't think Houston is setting any great standards or pushing anyone within the team to strive for greatness.

PhilGould

Bench
Personally I wouldn't miss him one bit. He's solid at best. Why waste a spot on someone who offers no impact when we have young guys like Tapine, Vaivai, Mataora missing out?

Burwood

Bench
He made about 170m against the Titans last weekend and I don't even think he polled a single point in KOTW. :lol: All the coach needs to do is put him in the middle and let him hit the ball up and not get involved in any back line plays.

With the game moving to less interchanges I think he is the type of player who can play an important role in the team. I don't see why being solid is such a bad thing- we can't have an entire forward pack full of impact players.

PhilGould

Bench
He made about 170m against the Titans last weekend and I don't even think he polled a single point in KOTW. :lol: All the coach needs to do is put him in the middle and let him hit the ball up and not get involved in any back line plays.

With the game moving to less interchanges I think he is the type of player who can play an important role in the team. I don't see why being solid is such a bad thing- we can't have an entire forward pack full of impact players.
He offers nothing off the bench, the only way he should possibly be in the 17 is if he's starting and playing 80 minutes. The problem there is he's not better than any of the starters. And we don't have an entire forward pack of impact players at all, in fact the only "impact" players we have are Vaivai and maybe Korbin, and even they are debatable.

Knight Vision

First Grade
Personally I wouldn't miss him one bit. He's solid at best. Why waste a spot on someone who offers no impact when we have young guys like Tapine, Vaivai, Mataora missing out?

your assessment is extremely generous. I think he's woeful. No way known to man he would be in any other clubs 17

Status
Not open for further replies.