What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured targets 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

aqua_duck

Coach
Houston is solid in the sense that you know what you're going to get but that's about it, I think he's limited in all areas, doesn't offer anything in attack and is abit of an arm grabber in defence. I'd rate him as below average in both facets of the game.

Whats Doing

Bench
I think with the reduction in interchanges next year, the bench becomes more important to have impact players as the starting 13 will be expected to do more minutes.

As House is not an impact player and you would not want him in your starting 13, House is surplus to requirements in 2016.

Joker's Wild

Coach
He was good 3-4 years ago when playing in the middle. He wasn't a metre eater but his defence was good and he was decent in the ruck

He's lost his best asset, defence, now so he really doesn't offer any more than the other guys coming through. He is a forward that would have done well in a by gone era but just doesn't have the variety in his game for what's needed these days

Frederick

Staff member
Oh my god, how is this even a debate?

Houston is shit. He's always been shit. He always will be shit. He and Danny wicks were responsible for some of the darkest times in our clubs recent history.

Johns Magic said it best recently on here: "he's a roadblock to success"

Noname36

First Grade
Oh my god, how is this even a debate?

Houston is shit. He's always been shit. He always will be shit. He and Danny wicks were responsible for some of the darkest times in our clubs recent history.

Johns Magic said it best recently on here: "he's a roadblock to success"

Winner winner chicken dinner.

Joker's Wild

Coach
I dont believe he has always been shit. For a period in 2009-2010 he was a handy first grader

Then after that he just went to shit

mozza91

Coach
I dont believe he has always been shit. For a period in 2009-2010 he was a handy first grader

Then after that he just went to shit

Up until the end of 2012 he was solid. Between 2009 and 2012 he was one of our better players. Since then he's gone downhill but hasn't been near as bad as what has been made out.

Last edited:

CycloneSteve

Juniors
Well this will pretty much do me....

http://www.newcastleknights.com.au/news/2015/07/25/lowrie_returns_to_ne.html

1324387600300_6213812.png

Jono078

Referee
Matt Ballin isn't wanted by Manly. Do you think we should look at him?

Currently we have Clydsdale, Randell and Levi. I don't think any are 80 minute players and Levi definitely won't be ready for 80 minutes of NRL each week by next year.

I think if we could ship Clydsdale and Randell I would like the signing of Ballin.

EDIT: I should say it probably isn't the highest of priority, but it would strengthen our spine.

Currently we have Clydsdale, Randell and Levi. I don't think any are 80 minute players and Levi definitely won't be ready for 80 minutes of NRL each week by next year.

I think if we could ship Clydsdale and Randell I would like the signing of Ballin.

EDIT: I should say it probably isn't the highest of priority, but it would strengthen our spine.

No thankyou. His best is well past him.

Spot On

Coach

I agree. Solid player. No flash in attack but gets the ball to where it needs to go. Great defensively. You'd never say no at the right price. Is it possible to keep one of Clydesdale or Randell for depth though?

Swarzey

Bench
Lazy as f**king shit. Poor attitude. He would ask for far too much, well over what he actually deserves.

Jono078

Referee
I don't know if I would take Taylor. Kind of goes against what we're trying to achieve and type of person we want in our club.

Status
Not open for further replies.