What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured targets 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sione is the future, has dominated every age group since he was 14-15 years of age and has made pretty much every junior rep team, apparently did quite well in NYC this year despite being only 17 and playing against guys up to 4 years older. Pat has potential but has had a horror run with injuries last 2 years, Sione had a decent year in NSW cup and is a decent hard running type winger in the Jorge Taufua mould, with Kev, Pete Mata'utia, and Likiliki leaving we need some depth in the backs

Is it any coincedence when the NRL continually plays boys against men, that they have horror injury runs?

Shoring up our depth. Surely we'll get a star out of one of these Mata'utias.

I agree, there has been talk of the matautia's on this forum for the best part of 5 years. All I can say about them at this stage is that they are overhyped. I hope at least one of them proves me wrong

RHCP

Bench
Chanel was never that hyped. Pete certainly was and whilst he didn't deliver, he never really got much of a chance to, stuck behind Gidley, Wes and then Boyd at fullback and McManus, Kev, Vuna and Uate on the flanks.

Sione will be a star. I've seen him play against kids two years older than him and look like the biggest bloke on the field.

aqua_duck

Coach
Chanel was never that hyped. Pete certainly was and whilst he didn't deliver, he never really got much of a chance to, stuck behind Gidley, Wes and then Boyd at fullback and McManus, Kev, Vuna and Uate on the flanks.

Sione will be a star. I've seen him play against kids two years older than him and look like the biggest bloke on the field.

He was playing against guys up to 4 years older in NYC this year and didn't look out of place one bit.

Burwood

Bench

As long as he has more to his game than being the biggest bloke on the field. I've lost count of the number of times I've heard a player described as the 'next big thing' while coming through the NYC, only to be completely dominated when playing grown men in the NRL or even at NSW Cup level.

Knight Vision

First Grade
As long as he has more to his game than being the biggest bloke on the field. I've lost count of the number of times I've heard a player described as the 'next big thing' while coming through the NYC, only to be completely dominated when playing grown men in the NRL or even at NSW Cup level.
+ 1

Joker's Wild

Coach

Spot on here old mate

Tonga Likiliki came to us as being the next big thing out of the NYC and we all know where his career is at right now. Same with Beau Henry

No one really knows how a kid is going to handle playing against seasoned men until they are actually out there doing it

aqua_duck

Coach
The fact Chanel is 17 and playing against 20 year olds and is continually getting injured?

Chanel is 21-22. Sione is 17 and played NYC after the Ball season finished and didn't get injured, Pat has had 2 injury riddled years but he's playing against guys his age

rnb11

Juniors
sione has been tipped as the best of them for yrs. pat not far behind but he keeps getting injured. still a special talent tho and will dominate next yr in the nsw cup if he stays fit. he clydsdale and tapine are on another level in nyc.

its no surprise we are planning to let sione skip 2 yrs of nyc and be our starting nsw cup fullback.

Knight Vision

First Grade

Swarzey

Bench
Considering our NSW Cup halves, I think Stig is worth keeping to pair with Dobson. Saw massive potential in him a few years back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts