What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured targets 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swarzey

Bench
Would be cheap but I'd really like to see us invest in a player that's in his early/mid 20's. Would just be another opportunity for the scum media to label us as Oldcastle again and ignore our youth.

Will admit though, I enjoyed his Fui Fui stuff :lol:

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
I was looking at a website and it says that Stigg is off contract as of 2013. I thought he still had a year to go? Either way, I'd be stoked if he's off contract as he has been wasting salary cap room when he isn't required. Also does anyone know what happened regarding his eye injury? Has it improved?

Last edited by a moderator:

rnb11

Juniors
It wasn't just his eye, he stuffed his groin too and is still currently battling a serious, rare illness. He's been let go but has said many times he hasn't given up playing again.

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
Imagine Fifita and Snowden as our starting front row. Teams would have little answer to the Knights ability to get over the advantage line.

Last edited:
Wayne's mind games have no rival. First we hear Taylor and now Fifita. You won't land both without losing some decent players. Only Bennett could pull off such a coup.

Last edited:

Nuffy

Bench
It really does seem like Bennett is planning to stay longer than his 4 year deal.

It's unlikely that he would entice name players to the club and then up and leave.

Maybe he has grown to love the place and wants to stay a while.

Nuffy

Bench
If he can sign up Gagai, Leulia and Mullo to long term deals then he can do whatever he likes.

Frederick

Staff member
It really does seem like Bennett is planning to stay longer than his 4 year deal.

It's unlikely that he would entice name players to the club and then up and leave.

Maybe he has grown to love the place and wants to stay a while.

Maybe he reckons he's onto something special here. The dragons was a quick fix to get them a premiership, but it really seems like he's building to something special here. Our back line is phenomenal, and all yet to hit their prime. Our pack, whilst ageing, has so much starch it's not even funny. Our halves are excitement personified. And our depth...oh our depth.

It's been a very, very long time since I was this excited and optimistic about our team. Yes, Mullens injury will hurt, but when he comes back he'll be raring to go and will certainly make his presence known.

Nuffy

Bench
Maybe he reckons he's onto something special here. The dragons was a quick fix to get them a premiership, but it really seems like he's building to something special here. Our back line is phenomenal, and all yet to hit their prime. Our pack, whilst ageing, has so much starch it's not even funny. Our halves are excitement personified. And our depth...oh our depth.

It's been a very, very long time since I was this excited and optimistic about our team. Yes, Mullens injury will hurt, but when he comes back he'll be raring to go and will certainly make his presence known.

Who would know, he does seem like he is trying to build something. Perhaps Tinks isn't as busted as claimed and signed him up again.

No one really knows, but it will be interesting to see what the next bunch of signings are time wise. If they are 3 and 4 year deals then it might be pointing to an extension.

Wayne runs the club his way with no interference. He essentially is THE boss. Why would he walk away from that? Tinkler just gives him whatever support he needs.

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
Maybe Wayne's just trying to do what is best for the club whether he remains here or not? Just because he may very well leave in a couple of years, I don't see why he wouldn't want to sign players that will remain here after he leaves. It's called being a professional and looking after the sporting team that he is paid big bucks to manage.

Nuffy

Bench
Maybe Wayne's just trying to do what is best for the club whether he remains here or not? Just because he may very well leave in a couple of years, I don't see why he wouldn't want to sign players that will remain here after he leaves. It's called being a professional and looking after the sporting team that he is paid big bucks to manage.

My point wasn't that Bennett would limit contract years to benefit himself but rather managers and players would get a feel for the future and may sign up for longer if they feel the coach will be around.

Knight Vision

First Grade
This

Dave_

Juniors
Just heard that the Dogs are trying to offload Sam Kasiano. Does anyone think he'd be someone worth targeting for us? I personally think he's a fat useless pea heart compared to what he should be with his size. Unless he improves his fitness and gets some ticker it would be a no from me.

Joker's Wild

Coach
Tend to agree with you mate, no thanks

Not sure the Dogs are looking to off load him as such, just that many clubs are hitting up his manager due to Fafita signing with them recently. They may very well want to hold on to him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts