What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured targets 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

TooheysNew

Coach
SBW has calked NZRU's bluff big time. Guaranteed they backflip and he plays the WC in 2015. He is a superstar and arguably one of the world's greatest ever athletes. I am actually wondering if he takes up boxing full time from 2015 because he will be turning 30 and he clearly has potential. Full credit to him for making the media look daft.
Pfft. He's not a boxer.

Nuffy

Bench
The ease with which the Roosters have signed SBW along with their plethora of other stars seems at face value surprising.

I'm most troubled by the reported support SBW got from Politis and Gyngell. Seems a potential conflict of interest as the CEO of Nine is helping a player stay at his favourite club.

If SBW re signed now and then had the fight, it would be captured under the cap. Now he won't re sign until Feb 2014 and everyone it seems is happy.

So could Newcastle agree to terms withe DCE, arrange a boxing match with a guaranteed million dollar purse for DCE and then sign the contract after the fight and everything is above board?

It seems that some teams and players are treated differently, you just need to have the right connections.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nuffy

Bench
SBW has calked NZRU's bluff big time. Guaranteed they backflip and he plays the WC in 2015. He is a superstar and arguably one of the world's greatest ever athletes. I am actually wondering if he takes up boxing full time from 2015 because he will be turning 30 and he clearly has potential. Full credit to him for making the media look daft.

Hes not a boxers arsehole, he is a big fit guy who can take a punch because of his league background.

All the footage I have seen shows him fighting mugs and still getting stung.

Its a rort to cash in on his name and make some more coin.

Nuffy

Bench
Classic hey!

Souths are the other prime example.

And then you have the Eels over the cap! :crazy:

Compare our team in the prelim to theirs.

They had 4 current SOO players and 3 current NZ players including SBW. They added a host of players for 2013, none on mugs money.

We had two including a club junior.

Now they have miraculously re signed SBW haven't lost anyone that I am aware of.

Amazing cap management.

Love the Bunnies being under the cap with GI, Sam Burgess, George Burgess, John Sutton, Isaac Luke and Adam Reynolds would be easily worth $4 million between them.

aqua_duck

Coach
The ease with which the Roosters have signed SBW along with their plethora of other stars seems at face value surprising.

I'm most troubled by the reported support SBW got from Politis and Gyngell. Seems a potential conflict of interest as the CEO of Nine is helping a player stay at his favourite club.

If SBW re signed now and then had the fight, it would be captured under the cap. Now he won't re sign until Feb 2014 and everyone it seems is happy.

So could Newcastle agree to terms withe DCE, arrange a boxing match with a guaranteed million dollar purse for DCE and then sign the contract after the fight and everything is above board?

It seems that some teams and players are treated differently, you just need to have the right connections.
The thing is the boxing bouts have nothing to do with the roosters, the roosters are happy for him to do it but they don't organise the fights or prize money. I personally have no objection with what the roosters are doing.

The Roosters are the masters of player signatures. Politis is obviously a very persuasive man. As for SBW not being able to box it is a pretty big statement but not unexpected given the target he has become.

Rod

Bench
According to the club there are going to be 4 players re-signing today to coincide with the 2014 Membership Campaign launching. Hope they're some big names like Mullo!

aqua_duck

Coach
Sione is the future, has dominated every age group since he was 14-15 years of age and has made pretty much every junior rep team, apparently did quite well in NYC this year despite being only 17 and playing against guys up to 4 years older. Pat has potential but has had a horror run with injuries last 2 years, Sione had a decent year in NSW cup and is a decent hard running type winger in the Jorge Taufua mould, with Kev, Pete Mata'utia, and Likiliki leaving we need some depth in the backs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts