What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured targets 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave_

Juniors
James Graham on the other hand....... Surely the Dogs will lose one of their forwards to accommodate Fifita and Graham is the only one that's not a fat has been plodder.

Rod

Bench
I think we now have the money and clout with Wayne etc., that we can expect to do better (unless he came at a good price ie. cheaper than what we were supposedly gonna pay Packer).

We should be looking at guys like Graham, Tolman, Bromwich, Grant etc.

aqua_duck

Coach
A friend of mine is a trainer for the bulldogs and from what I've been told Kasiano is a coach's nightmare, just struggles to control his weight because he's got zero discipline, will basically go out and smash a KFC family feast 3 or 4 days after the coaches tell him he needs to lose weight

Just heard that the Dogs are trying to offload Sam Kasiano. Does anyone think he'd be someone worth targeting for us? I personally think he's a fat useless pea heart compared to what he should be with his size. Unless he improves his fitness and gets some ticker it would be a no from me.

Thats what I reckon and am not sure hearts something that can be coached.

Have actually met him when the dogs did a function at my work gentlest guy I've ever mate, really lovely fella not an ounce of mongrel or rat in him.

Knight Vision

First Grade
Tim Grant from the Panthers is one I would target.Just turned 26 and I like the look of him. I've read he's on top dollar at the Panthers though and they might be looking to offload him.

Knight Vision

First Grade
Just read this in the Herald

"Turns out rumours linking Raiders prop David Shillington to the Knights are just that. Sources in Canberra suggested the Knights had shown interest in the Queensland and former Australian international as a replacement for incarcerated former Kiwi Test prop Russell Packer, but Between The Lines has been told Shillington is not on their radar.
Shillington is still recovering from rib damage suffered in Canberra’s 34-14 loss to Newcastle in a pre-season trial at Tamworth on February 22 and has not been named to play on Sunday."

Dave_

Juniors
I heard that Mark O'meally is a possibility. Still only 32 so he may be an option.

O'Meley's decline was the strangest thing. He was really falling away when he should have been coming into his prime as a front rower, by 27 he was stuffed. For a few years there he was a beast and almost unstoppable. Injuries cruelled him though I reckon.

mozza91

Coach
O'Meley's decline was the strangest thing. He was really falling away when he should have been coming into his prime as a front rower, by 27 he was stuffed. For a few years there he was a beast and almost unstoppable. Injuries cruelled him though I reckon.
The fact that he started so early was the problem imo. As you said by his mid 20's he was pretty much f**ked.

aqua_duck

Coach
I think O'Meley's demise was a combination of things, his body was battered, I remember an article in the telegraph listing all his injuries and it was basically from head to toe. O'Meley was also undersized and made up for it by playing hard, very hard, which takes a toll on your body, but by 2008/2009 the players were starting to be a lot bigger and more athletic, he couldn't just out will opponents anymore and his lack of lateral mobility was exposed as forwards started to become more mobile

Dave_

Juniors
Remember that game I think in '04 (it might be hard, it was a forgettable match as we got pumped) when we played the Dogs when they were on fire? O'meley ran onto a pass at full steam close to our line and all poor old Robbie O could do was brace himself and get skittled. It was a sh*t game for us but I would've done anything back then to get O'meley in our side.

That was 10 years ago though. Fifita was the perfect fit for us, he was everything we needed and it's a shame we never got a look in there but 850k? LOL. It seems as though James Graham may be close to re-signing with the Dogs and as he is the only name being thrown about that even slightly interests me, it may be a while before we get the type of player were after.

aqua_duck

Coach
There's a real lack of quality props on the open market, probably why Fifita could name his price. I'd love to see us target Lloyd Perrett from the dogs, quality young prop who won't get a look in at the dogs

Remember that game I think in '04 (it might be hard, it was a forgettable match as we got pumped) when we played the Dogs when they were on fire? O'meley ran onto a pass at full steam close to our line and all poor old Robbie O could do was brace himself and get skittled. It was a sh*t game for us but I would've done anything back then to get O'meley in our side.

That was 10 years ago though. Fifita was the perfect fit for us, he was everything we needed and it's a shame we never got a look in there but 850k? LOL. It seems as though James Graham may be close to re-signing with the Dogs and as he is the only name being thrown about that even slightly interests me, it may be a while before we get the type of player were after.

Gee Robbie had heart aye? I remember it was the last round and we literally had such an injury toll we had too needle 3/4 of the team, I remember Perry was so overweight he looked like big kev from biggest looser, I dont think anyone would have begrudged robbie o if he moved to the side against shrek!

Dave_

Juniors
Gee Robbie had heart aye? I remember it was the last round and we literally had such an injury toll we had too needle 3/4 of the team, I remember Perry was so overweight he looked like big kev from biggest looser, I dont think anyone would have begrudged robbie o if he moved to the side against shrek!

That's right it must've been Robbie O's last game. He was probably glad it was his last after that. Lol @ Perry, he'd fit well into the current day Dogs pack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts