What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured targets 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
O'Meley's decline was the strangest thing. He was really falling away when he should have been coming into his prime as a front rower, by 27 he was stuffed. For a few years there he was a beast and almost unstoppable. Injuries cruelled him though I reckon.

Spot on! I remember watching Mason talking about O'meley a number of years ago and he said he'd probably retire in his late 20's as he had played so much intense footy at a young age. I personally wouldn't be keen to sign him, I just remember reading that the knights 'might' be after him.

aqua_duck

Coach
His kid plays in our Harold Matts team and is by all reports a good young talent, I wouldn't be against signing him on say match payments to play NSW cup and have him work with the young forwards, always loved the he put his body on the line and 'went hard'. However he shouldn't be anywhere near a full strength first grade side

Sacrolishes

Juniors
Read in telegraph that Tim Grant and Sam McKendry are being shopped around now too. I know both had huge raps early on but I haven't seen a lot of them of late. I'm thinking they'd be good pick up though. One of them at least.

perverse

Referee
Either would be pretty good, Grant being the better of the two... but Grant is pretty injury-prone to date in his career.

With Tim Grant and McKendry are being shopped around I would go for Grant ASAP. If we could snare both him and Kasiano on the cheap it would a massive recruitment feather in the cap. We need the size and strength both these lads bring. I am not that confident we will land Taylor however I hope to be proven wrong. Is all three of those too much? Why not. It works for the Bulldogs. Ha ha. I am also having a few doubts Big Will will play beyond this season at an effective level. Regardless I feel we can all agree that our prop rotation needs some serious overhaul.

Last edited:

Noname36

First Grade
Grant would be great for us now if it started off as a short-term contact as he's quite injury prone.

NEWCASTLE HERALD – MARCH 14, 2014
POSTED IN: CANTERBURY-BANKSTOWN BULLDOGS, NEWCASTLE KNIGHTS, NEWS, SAM KASIANO
Sam Kasiano

The Newcastle Knights are among a posse of clubs chasing Canterbury's Sam Kasiano amid speculation the Bulldogs will release him to accommodate Andrew Fifita.

Kasiano is under contract until the end of next season, but his manager, Mario Tartak, told AAP yesterday that he had been inundated with inquiries from rival clubs.

At least six clubs are understood to have contacted Tartak already to express interest, and the Newcastle Herald has been told the Knights are one of them.

They have two 33-year-old veterans, Willie Mason and David Fa'alogo, who are off contract at the end of this season, along with impact forward Adam Cuthbertson.

Read more at the Newcastle Herald

Read more: http://www.nospam9/nrl/knights-approach-bulldogs-enforcer-kasiano-12600/#ixzz2vtdVYwx9

Nuffy

Bench
No thanks to Sam.

A constant project that will now want massive money when he next signs a contract.

Joker's Wild

Coach
Ugh, no thanks. All speccy at this point though by the herald, no quotes from anyone in that article

Id love McKendry to come to the Knights. The guy is very underrated imo and a former(?) NZ rep.

aqua_duck

Coach
I wouldn't want Sam just because we wouldn't have the chance to play against him anymore, he's been close to our best player last few times we've beaten the dogs

Dave_

Juniors
I'm not sure on any of these guys. I'd rather try for real quality such as Matt Scott, James Graham, JWH (yuck though), James Tamou, George Burgess, Dave Taylor. Assuming we lose Mason and Fa'alogo and maybe Cuthbo plus the coin from Packer, I'd be happy with any 2 of the players I mentioned.

Our club now has the money, the profile and the coach to get any player we want. Gone are the days of accepting other clubs rejects, we now palm our crap off to them. I know most of these players aren't off contract but who cares? It doesn't stop any other clubs getting the players they want.

A huge NO to Fatiano from me.

Nuffy

Bench
Reading the article again, all the detail is coming from Kasiano's manager.

I wonder whether Sam is now further down the pecking order and his manager is trying to secure greener pastures for Sam.

aqua_duck

Coach
I'm not sure on any of these guys. I'd rather try for real quality such as Matt Scott, James Graham, JWH (yuck though), James Tamou, George Burgess, Dave Taylor. Assuming we lose Mason and Fa'alogo and maybe Cuthbo plus the coin from Packer, I'd be happy with any 2 of the players I mentioned.

Our club now has the money, the profile and the coach to get any player we want. Gone are the days of accepting other clubs rejects, we now palm our crap off to them. I know most of these players aren't off contract but who cares? It doesn't stop any other clubs getting the players they want.

Dave Taylor? Hell no, bloke has no heart and isn't a middle forward, the rest of those guys are under contract

Spot On

Coach
Kasiano, McKendry, Grant in that order for mine. We have very little up front so I don't think the deal makers will be waving them away unless the asking price is f**king stupid. Love to get two of them.

Surely very few clubs would say no to a fit Kasiano.

Dave_

Juniors
Dave Taylor? Hell no, bloke has no heart and isn't a middle forward, the rest of those guys are under contract

Yeah mentioning Dave Taylor was more wishful of him fulfilling his potential. I do agree that he is a frustrating pea heart most of the time but there's no doubting his potential and he's still got plenty of time to prove himself. If Wayne couldn't get the best out of him no one could.

Dave_

Juniors
Kasiano, McKendry, Grant in that order for mine. We have very little up front so I don't think the deal makers will be waving them away unless the asking price is f**king stupid. Love to get two of them.

Surely very few clubs would say no to a fit Kasiano.

The thing that worries me about Kasiano is not just his injury woes but some of his shocking performances. Last year when we played the Dogs at home he was that rubbish he got hooked from the field. We don't need that.

Noa

First Grade
Big get for the knights.

Pride Petterson-Robati has signed for you. Most wouldn't have heard of him but extremely talented. Playing style I'd compare him to Greg Bird.

Knight Vision

First Grade

I love your way of thinking. Ok if I can dream any dream I want JWH and Tamou please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts