What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured targets 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frederick

Staff member
According to the tele, it's $700,000 a year. If they're back ending both fifita and graham, then they're going to be completely f**ked in a few years

Johns Magic

Referee
I don't like Kasiano because I think he is a slob who lets himself down. However I do agree that he brings an X-factor when on his game that we lack. I'm not sure if it would be as beneficial to us as other teams though because Boyd isn't exactly a support-runner in the same way Barba is.

Regardless, I can't see Kasiano improving with age. I think his weight will catch up to him pretty quickly and his explosiveness will probably go as well.

If we did sign him I could see the upside, but if it was for big dollars(which it sounds like it would be) I would be pretty nervous about it.

A lot of people talking about Tim Grant. Personally I would steer clear of him. A solid prop but I think his mould is the type you get for middle dollar, not big money which he would surely demand. He doesn't really have an extra string to his bow that sets him apart. I think Penrith know they are getting the same results out of Plum that they are out of Grant and at half the price.

In terms of props for us this year I think Ryan James was the one that got away. I hope we at least put in a good bid for him.

Last edited:

Dave_

Juniors
I don't like Kasiano because I think he is a slob who lets himself down. However I do agree that he brings an X-factor when on his game that we lack. I'm not sure if it would be as beneficial to us as other teams though because Boyd isn't exactly a support-runner in the same way Barba is.

Regardless, I can't see Kasiano improving with age. I think his weight will catch up to him pretty quickly and his explosiveness will probably go as well.

If we did sign him I could see the upside, but if it was for big dollars(which it sounds like it would be) I would be pretty nervous about it.

A lot of people talking about Tim Grant. Personally I would steer clear of him. A solid prop but I think his mould is the type you get for middle dollar, not big money which he would surely demand. He doesn't really have an extra string to his bow that sets him apart. I think Penrith know they are getting the same results out of Plum that they are out of Grant and at half the price.

In terms of props for us this year I think Ryan James was the one that got away. I hope we at least put in a good bid for him.

Agree with all of this. We are well past the days of accepting other clubs rejects.

Swarzey

Bench
I believe we have the staff to turn Kasiano around. Wasn't Tets incredibly poor when it came to training only a year or so ago? If Kasiano gets fit and becomes the weapon he was in 2012, then he'll be a massive buy for the club.

Huge risk that either flops hard or becomes a master stroke.

Frederick

Staff member
If we're after a big frame prop who doesn't play big minutes but takes a while to be put down, shouldn't we be looking at toka? Same effect as kasiano, on a fraction of the price

Spot On

Coach
If we're after a big frame prop who doesn't play big minutes but takes a while to be put down, shouldn't we be looking at toka? Same effect as kasiano, on a fraction of the price

And when will this bloke get a shot in first grade?

Dave_

Juniors
Then what was the Packer deal?

Packer is far better quality than the players we used to accept pre Bennett era though I do believe he was offered way too much. Once upon a time our "big name" signings were guys like Kirk Reynoldson, Shannon Mcdonnell etc.

It's ok if we sign Kasiano or Grant but they should get reject money reflective of their recent performances/time spent on the field. There are reasons clubs want to offload players and think we should have learned not to get burned by now. These guys are nowhere near the top of their game and should be paid accordingly.

Apey

Staff member
According to the tele, it's $700,000 a year. If they're back ending both fifita and graham, then they're going to be completely f**ked in a few years

Well in fairness to the Dogs the tele do often just make up their numbers...

Spot On

Coach
Packer is far better quality than the players we used to accept pre Bennett era though I do believe he was offered way too much. Once upon a time our "big name" signings were guys like Kirk Reynoldson, Shannon Mcdonnell etc.

It's ok if we sign Kasiano or Grant but they should get reject money reflective of their recent performances/time spent on the field. There are reasons clubs want to offload players and think we should have learned not to get burned by now. These guys are nowhere near the top of their game and should be paid accordingly.

Agreed. But if Packer was given 400K plus then both Kasiano and Grant will be offered at least that. What would you offer them?

Dave_

Juniors
Agreed. But if Packer was given 400K plus then both Kasiano and Grant will be offered at least that. What would you offer them?

Seeing as though I would have learned my lesson from being burned by giving big coin to reject players only for them to let me down, I'd offer no more than 250-300k with incentives.

Spot On

Coach
Well, with the cap at 6.55mill in 2015 I can't argue against paying 40 to 50 min front rowers much more than that. If only that was the way this all worked.

Status
Not open for further replies.