What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured targets 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spot On

Coach
The thing that worries me about Kasiano is not just his injury woes but some of his shocking performances. Last year when we played the Dogs at home he was that rubbish he got hooked from the field. We don't need that.

No team needs shit performances. We are quickly forgetting how good this bloke was only a couple of seasons back. He's then had weight and injury issues and I dare say attitude problems. At his best he's a weapon.

Wato

Juniors
Big get for the knights.

Pride Petterson-Robati has signed for you. Most wouldn't have heard of him but extremely talented. Playing style I'd compare him to Greg Bird.

How old is he? And is it for this year or next? Sounds like a good young prospect.

Noname36

First Grade
Big get for the knights.

Pride Petterson-Robati has signed for you. Most wouldn't have heard of him but extremely talented. Playing style I'd compare him to Greg Bird.

Good enough to be the best 13 in the game one day.

Sounds good. Even if he never develops into the best 13 in the game I'd be content with anyone that was at least fit to lace Jeremy Smith's boots when he retires to be honest.

Noa

First Grade
18, storm signed him to a 6 year contract as a 14 year old.

Storms NYC player of the year last year, his first year in that comp. From what I can gather just being led astray by the wrong crowd.

Wato

Juniors
Thanks for the info sounds like a good young player. Hopefully the change in clubs can help him get his life back on track like Gagai has.

Knight Vision

First Grade
This ( below) from "The Lurker " .....Cronulla need another forward like a hole in the head , I would think we would make a MAJOR play for this guy considering our position regards good front rowers.

"Grant attracting plenty of interest
On Monday I tipped that Tim Grant was the latest player on Gus Gould's 'hit list' at Penrith and the daily papers have come out with the same news today. Rival clubs are showing plenty of interest in Grant, a fine player who represented NSW a couple of seasons back. Don't be surprised if either Canberra or Cronulla make a bid for him - and it could even be for this season. "

http://www.sportal.com.au/league/nr...umour-file---friday/95zyhr7gbkgr1iarm0mdrfkzk

Spot On

Coach
His best year he averaged 97m a game....

..... and how many minutes a game? It's his ability to pretty much do whatever he wants with the ball with three blokes hanging from him that makes him very much one of a kind. Get him fit, get more minutes out of him and you'll get more metres from him.

aqua_duck

Coach
..... and how many minutes a game? It's his ability to pretty much do whatever he wants with the ball with three blokes hanging from him that makes him very much one of a kind. Get him fit, get more minutes out of him and you'll get more metres from him.

How do you propose we "get him fit"? The bloke is do thick that he'll go and smash a KFC family feast 4 days after the strength and conditioning coach tells him he needs to shred 10kg?

Spot On

Coach
Not your worry. You're not part of the coaching staff. ;-)

Kasiano isn't the only bloke at the Dogs who looks as though he need to lose kgs and get fit. It may very well be a problem at the club with their set up????

Spot On

Coach
The thing that worries me about Kasiano is not just his injury woes but some of his shocking performances. Last year when we played the Dogs at home he was that rubbish he got hooked from the field. We don't need that.

It wasn't that long ago we had a prop being hooked by the coach.

aqua_duck

Coach
While we're at it why don't we sign up Owen Craigie, Matt Dunning and big Kev from the biggest loser

Spot On

Coach
Lol. You would pass over Kasiano at the right price???

I can't deny the past nearly two seasons have been poor. Possibly he's not been happy there due to circumstances many of us "heard" about plus a few injuries. He has to lose weight and get fit. That's a given. If that were to happen he would be a tremendous asset for any club.

Last edited:
Wasn't he the prop of the year in 2012 and isn't he only 23? I'd definitely be happy if we signed him.

Yes he was. Exactly why all the talk here about him being a poor option is surprising. Same with Taylor. Taylor is all X factor as is Kasiano and if we snared both we will be very much ready to rumble for the title. I understand the fitness concerns but their class is undeniable. Snowden could not hold a torch to either in that category in so far as he doesn't have the skill set of either. He is however a hell of a yard eater. Nothing wrong with that.

Last edited:

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
Yes he was. Exactly why all the talk here about him being a poor option is surprising. Same with Taylor. Taylor is all X factor as is Kasiano and if we snared both we will be very much ready to rumble for the title. I understand the fitness concerns but their class is undeniable. Snowden could not hold a torch to either in that category in so far as he doesn't have the skill set of either. He is however a hell of a yard eater. Nothing wrong with that.

Before his suspension, I was actually impressed with the second phase play that Snowden was creating.

Dave_

Juniors
I don't have a problem with us signing Kasiano or Taylor as long as their salaries are reflective of their recent form. So 100k per season each sounds about right lol. Seriously though both of them have huge potential but there would have to be some serious incentives added to their contracts to avoid getting burned by lazy performances and all KFC diets.

Status
Not open for further replies.