What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured targets 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noname36

First Grade
Good to know we were in the market for Moa and McKendry.

Yeah, it's a pity but I'm sure we'll snag one eventually. Just rotten luck really. We lost Packer for good in the off season, then we lost Macca, now we're set to sack Tets, and we lost signing McKendry at the last moment due to a rule change. It all really sucks but at least we're trying and I'm sure sooner or later we'll get some props.

Although he stayed put I'm happy we threw a good offer at Moa. Shows we're actually trying to target quality.

Last edited:
Won't happen Baron. Griffin strikes me as a control freak. Broncos are very guarded about most things. You won't get anything but denials regarding Hannaant. Funnily enough we are the same as far as the media goes. Very much controlled and insular. If you haven't read Tony Butterfield's Newie herald column on the club's ownership woes then you should. He raises some valid questions. We as fans know absolutely nothing about why the club is financially in limbo. Last thing I want is us owing the NRL anything. We deserve better. Much better. I do get the impression the NRL does not want us to lose Tinkler as our owner. They will do whatever it takes to prevent that.

Last edited:

RHCP

Bench
f**k the Herald.

When you're dropping your best, at least statistically, front rower from the side altogether I think that's the point of no return.

Nuffy

Bench
Won't happen Baron. Griffin strikes me as a control freak. Broncos are very guarded about most things. You won't get anything but denials regarding Hannaant. Funnily enough we are the same as far as the media goes. Very much controlled and insular. If you haven't read Tony Butterfield's Newie herald column on the club's ownership woes then you should. He raises some valid questions. We as fans know absolutely nothing about why the club is financially in limbo. Last thing I want is us owing the NRL anything. We deserve better. Much better. I do get the impression the NRL does not want us to lose Tinkler as our owner. They will do whatever it takes to prevent that.

I disagree, he is getting a fair bake in the DT today for dropping Hannant, I suspect that he will be made to have a massive rethink by his board and management, or he will be gone.

Hannant is now a long shot at best.

Nuffy

Bench
Shows topper, your point about the liabilities.

The DT is suggesting that there might be liabilities of over 15M hiding in there somewhere.

I also believe that it was mentioned in hushed tones at a sportsmans lunch in Newcastle recently that the 10M might not be available due to the additional debt.

I was also told that the NRL wanted HSG involved because of the debt. I think that HSG have been borrowing to pay their commitments such as Bennett and the sponsorship shortfall and the only assets they have are the Knights and Jets. I am not a liquidation expert but I would imagine that secured creditors would have first right over any asset, not the members. I would suggest that unless HSG are liquid then we may not have any right to call.

Ironically Tinkler and HSG may have left us in a worse condition than we were in before their involvement.

I also understand that a large number of the members representatives are handsomely paid by HSG for their efforts and that may be delaying the resolution.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...llenged-in-court/story-fni3gf5j-1226912331241

Last edited:

Nuffy

Bench

The timing in general of this change stinks to high heaven. Something like this should have been signalled for a change at year end, not right away.

But I can see a number of influential club bosses getting a sniff and pushing like hell because it helps them no end.

Interesting that the timeframe drops to 6 years also and bingo some clubs are in clover.

The NRL is running the game for about 6 clubs and rest are just to make up the numbers.

Noname36

First Grade
The NRL is running the game for about 6 clubs and rest are just to make up the numbers.

QFT. On top of that 6 years is nothing. I'm sure even the transit lounge out at Belmore would have a couple of blokes eligible for that.

It all stinks to high heaven. Sure McKenry will keep playing for a club he knows wanted to offload him, if he can get a lot more money than he's worth because it's not counted in the cap then of course he'll stay.

Last edited:
Anyone heard the rumour we came within a whisker of signing Feleti Mateo this week? Still a chance of him and Hannant by June 30 by the sounds of things. Mateo is a total gun when his head is right. Can anyone confirm or deny this.

Jono078

Referee
I don't want Mateo, not what we need. We don't even play a style of football that suits his skills.

Dave_

Juniors
I don't want Mateo, not what we need. We don't even play a style of football that suits his skills.

Truer words have never been spoken. Feleti won't fit in here, our forwards aren't allowed to offload the ball.

Rod

Bench
Meh I'd take him. But that's because we're in a beggars rather than choosers situation right now. He'd be a pretty typical Bennett signing really. Very good player not playing to his potential who Bennett fancies he can turn around.

Still holding out hope for Tariq Sims though.

Noname36

First Grade

Truer words have never been spoken. Feleti won't fit in here, our forwards aren't allowed to offload the ball.

Crazy idea here, but maybe the club is actually fully aware of the issues so they want to target ball playing forwards to try and fix it.

Knight Vision

First Grade
Crazy idea here, but maybe the club is actually fully aware of the issues so they want to target ball playing forwards to try and fix it.
I would say your on the money. We also need some big mongrels in the pack. The type of forwards that have the opposition taking their eye off the ball and on the D line out of fear.

JENKO7

Juniors
Can't see us even getting close to sims, they want a quality back rower to replace him with, something we just don't have unless we can convince them Houston is good lol

whistler

Juniors
Can't see us even getting close to sims, they want a quality back rower to replace him with, something we just don't have unless we can convince them Houston is good lol

Just because they want a quality back rower as a replacement for Sims, it doesn't mean it has to be via a swap or trade. Couldn't they sign an off contract player from any team and then release him to go wherever he likes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts