What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured targets 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

perverse

Referee
Have done some googling on Tiaan Wilkins... there's a fair bit of hype around him. Seems to be a fullback/outside back, people saying he's the next GI, etc. Probably means he will amount to nothing coming here. Our outside backs could be under some pressure over the next few years.

Tariq is good but we are still atleast a quality prop and a decent bench prop short for next season with absolutely no one banging on the door in the lower grades.

Noname36

First Grade
Tariq is good but we are still atleast a quality prop and a decent bench prop short for next season with absolutely no one banging on the door in the lower grades.

We obviously need props, but I think the biggest thing to come out of this if it comes off is that we can actually sign players in the current state of the club (not only that but a player who's been heavily chased). That's a great surprise for me and it will give me the faith that we have a chance of getting those props.

Rod

Bench
If we are at least close to signing guys like Sims, putting two and two together you would imagine Wayne is telling these guys if you sign then I'll be here for 2015 at the least.

Noname36

First Grade
I personally think Korbin is better (or has the potential to be at least) but Tariq has certainly been hyped more so most people probably see him as the best brother.

I hope this deal goes through either way. I wouldn't be jumping up and down for signing Tariq per say, but I would be because we managed to sign a first grade quality forward in general.

slotmachine

First Grade
Tariq is the better player.

All well and good being picky, but at the moment the Knights have five forwards with first grade experience signed for next season, two of which who might be getting a letter from ASADA in the near future.

Last edited:

Rod

Bench
Tariq is obviously the better right now, although a lot of people seem to think Korbin will end up being the best.

In any event, we simply can't be picky right now. Tariq might not be in the crazy form he was in in 2012 but he still must have been there or thereabouts when the NSW team was picked. We could do A LOT worse.

Noname36

First Grade
haha yep! i thought jeremy latimore and bronson harrison would be our prize signings

I thought even they would be beyond us lol!

I'm still not convinced the Tariq signing will happen (I've learnt to expect the worst this year), but God I hope it does. We obviously need to sign more players but his signing would give the club a boost.

perverse

Referee
I think with the position we're in at the moment, we need to be really banking on Tapine and K.Sims coming good and being at least first grade capable (not "first grade capable" like some of our current mob - but genuinely useful first graders that add something to the team). Hopefully we can pull another one from the lower grades, too. James Taylor immediately comes to mind, although apparently he hasn't set the world on fire since arriving.

Ultimately, we're not going to be able to bring in 5 quality forwards from outside. I think we need to pray for 2... 3 would be outstanding, and hope that the rest can come from within, or that a big shakeup of the pack will get more out of a few of our blokes like Rochow (who I could see being a middle forward long term).

slotmachine

First Grade
Realistically I think we need atleast 5 forwards

Make sense. If we have 15 committed to the top 25 for next season.

Boyd,Gagai,Gidley,Mamo,Sims,Smith,Snowden,Clydesdale,Leilua,McManus,Roberts,Rochow,Scott,Uate,Mullen.

And we promote chanel, pat, tapine, vai vai, taylor. That leaves five spots.

Allstar Knights

Juniors
Yates and probably Togiatasi will make the top 25, I reckon. Both outperforming J Taylor the last few weeks. Sione will play FG next year, so him too.

Won't be surprised if Fitzgibbon and Pondekas make it as well.

aqua_duck

Coach
Yate and Pondekas have another year of NYC eligibility so I reckon they'll still be on those contracts. I can't see all 3 Mata'utia's getting top 25 contracts.
In terms of recruits, we need size, I like Manly's formula, don't necessarily have to recruit big names, just guys who can fill a role and are coachable

Joker's Wild

Coach
I think with the position we're in at the moment, we need to be really banking on Tapine and K.Sims coming good and being at least first grade capable (not "first grade capable" like some of our current mob - but genuinely useful first graders that add something to the team). Hopefully we can pull another one from the lower grades, too. James Taylor immediately comes to mind, although apparently he hasn't set the world on fire since arriving.

Ultimately, we're not going to be able to bring in 5 quality forwards from outside. I think we need to pray for 2... 3 would be outstanding, and hope that the rest can come from within, or that a big shakeup of the pack will get more out of a few of our blokes like Rochow (who I could see being a middle forward long term).

Korbin is there imo. He's been our best forward behind Scott all year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts