What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured targets 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

macavity

Referee
Need more than one these days, or do you want to keep Waddell?

Hunt would be a great pickup and would cost half of what Gidley is on.

The way things are going we are going to struggle to spend to the cap next year.

Swarzey

Bench
When Hunt strings together another season like this, then I'll get behind the idea of signing him. The last thing I want is for us to start signing players who perform well one year and can't replicate it the next.

Noname36

First Grade
Need more than one these days, or do you want to keep Waddell?

Hunt would be a great pickup and would cost half of what Gidley is on.

The way things are going we are going to struggle to spend to the cap next year.

That is absolutely 100% wrong. I'd happily swap Gidley for Hunt but Hunt would cost much more than Gidley, certainly not half.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Props, second rowers, hooker, halfback in that order.

And a fullback if we can f**k Kidley and Boyd off.

We have fullback and hooker covered with mamo and Clydesdale.

If us armchair experts can clearly see we are desperate for some big forwards then surely the club is looking into it

Misanthrope

Staff member
Is Clydesdale capable of playing the ninety? I'm not saying one way or the other, but Wayne seems to love having Waddell/Gidley in there for half the game.

RHCP

Bench
Hunt would cost in excess of $600K. And we don't need him at all.

Rugby league fans have such short memories. At the back end of last year, Roberts was one of our best. He's super young and he's still got a lot of improvement left in him.

Ben Hunt would struggle just as badly behind our pack.

His only choice if he wants in at Qld. The other clubs are sweet for fullback talent. If we play hardball we might be able to convince Bird to come home in a player swap. Depends on the get out clause.

Noname36

First Grade
That Triple M thing was pure conjecture.

Still though, I would like to see this spine next year:

1. Mamo

6. Mullen
7. Roberts

9. Clydesdale

14. Gidley (we all know he'll be there somewhere)

3 of the 4 may be young and inexperienced but they'd still offer much more than Boyd and Gidley.

Allstar Knights

Juniors
I thought Mamo easily had his best game on the weekend. He looked quite nervous in other games, but last night you could see he was playing with confidence.

Keen to see him at fullback. Not sure if he'll become a ball-player, but his speed and evasiveness from the back and his support play will be refreshing and should certainly trouble teams.

Last edited:

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
I thought Mamo easily had his best game on the weekend. He looked quite nervous in other games, but last night you could see he was playing with confidence.

Keen to see him at fullback. Not sure if he'll become a ball-player, but his speed and evasiveness from the back and his support play will be refreshing and should certainly trouble teams.

That's a fair evaluation. If Mamo did play fullback, I can see him as a Billy Slater clone, rather then a Boyd or Inglis type player. Not a massive ball player but blinding acceleration, good support play, tough as nails and a similar size (Mamo will fill out with time).

Yosh

Coach
That Triple M thing was pure conjecture.

Still though, I would like to see this spine next year:

1. Mamo

6. Mullen
7. Roberts

9. Clydesdale

14. Gidley (we all know he'll be there somewhere)

3 of the 4 may be young and inexperienced but they'd still offer much more than Boyd and Gidley.

Gidley really needs to go. He is not good enough and on top of his shiteness, he is getting paid WAY too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts