What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured targets 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joker's Wild

Coach
Our entire squad could piss in their mouths and I couldn't give a shit. What they do in their spare time is none of my business, as long as they're performing on the field and not hurting anybody.

Its beyond what you or I think unfortunately

Sponsors and the NRL value public image and this is what Todd has damaged

Big Tim

First Grade
Our entire squad could piss in their mouths and I couldn't give a shit. What they do in their spare time is none of my business, as long as they're performing on the field and not hurting anybody.

Agree.

His mistake wasn't pissing in his own mouth. It was letting someone document it.

That photo is worth 650k a year.......

As for signing him?..... Total liability in defence. We scored 4 tries down his side??

Last edited:

Frederick

Staff member
Agree.

His mistake wasn't pissing in his own mouth. It was letting someone document it.

That photo is worth 650k a year.......

As for signing him?..... Total liability in defence. We scored 4 tries down his side??

To be fair to him he was playing injured that game

Your club is basically owned and run by the NRL now.

If you were to sign Todd Carney it would be absolutely outrageous.

The NRL would be unable to place any sort of expectation on other clubs for dealing with black sheep if they were to let him be sacked by three clubs, only to take him on at one of their own.

Even if someone at the Knights were to suggest it, I'm sure the NRL would shoot it down in flames.

I think that the Knights would probably be the second last club that would sign him. Just behind Cronulla.

Spot On

Coach
No club is signing Todd Carney. It's over for him. As many are now aware, this is really nothing compared to what's been happening off the field for quite a while. The good old phone and the Internet have bitten the NRL player once again. What else did these fools expect. It's truly amazing he hadn't been sacked a long while ago. Good riddance to him.

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
We'll see. Half the time I watch Feeney he looks the goods, the other half he looks bog average. I think it may be the case of the star studded u20s line up he has around him making him look better than he really is. He's obviously a natural organiser though, but I don't think he has the pure football instincts that Roberts has. Either way I'd be happy keeping Roberts in the bench role. He seems to enjoy that too. He's not a natural leader so coming off the bench just let's him play off the cuff which plays to his strengths.

Good points made. Roberts can defend also, so we don't lose a great deal by him coming off the bench. I'd love for him to play a craig wing style off the bench ion the future. But what I would love most is for Roberts to fulfill his potential and be a dominate starting halfback, then we can have 4 meter eater forwards coming off the bench.

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
Todd's copping a lot and I understand why, however when was the last time he was in trouble for off field issues? It seems like a number of years to me. Due to the length of time, I have a feeling that his NRL career may not be over after all.

Swarzey

Bench
Apparently there's a few drunken incidents, minor and not worth public attention, that Cronulla have dealt with. Essentially it was at a point where this incident was his last chance. Furthermore, he's had disciplinary issues not even related to the drink. He seems to be a constant f**k up and I don't doubt Sydney is the big reason as to why he hasn't been able to mature given all he did was move the issue with his dickhead friends a few k's away. Coming to Newcastle wouldn't do him any good either.

Frederick

Staff member
All the talent in the world, but not an ounce of respect for it.

Doesn't deserve any more chances.

Alex28

Coach
Todd's copping a lot and I understand why, however when was the last time he was in trouble for off field issues? It seems like a number of years to me. Due to the length of time, I have a feeling that his NRL career may not be over after all.

They were going hard after Benji Marshall knowing that Carney was going off the rails and unlikely to see his contract out.

Says a fair bit...

Knight Vision

First Grade
After giving it some thought I would welcome him with open arms. He could be Packers drinking buddy when he gets out of jail:roll::roll: .....and it could be a "golden" opportunity for us.

Last edited:
It is encouraging to hear that the Bennett situation has no bearing on his decision. I hope we will see the very best of Tariq Sims here.

Last edited:

Sacrolishes

Juniors
It is Great news, but just seems like they are repeating stories. Hopefully confirmed in next week or two.

I more encouraged by the Article about Bennett's meeting with John Quayle. I'll post the link. Pretty encouraging. I really just want it settled so our club can begin moving forward. The last two wins has made me happy enough again that this team can do it.

http://www.theherald.com.au/story/2...in-wayne-bennetts-future-with-knights/?cs=306

Yosh

Coach
Tinks leaves, we win two, Boyd actually playing like he wants to and dominating matches, we sign a real good forward, Kidley finally resembling a first grade player. Things looking good!!

Noname36

First Grade
Forget any players or coaches, John Quayle is the absolute best signing we could make. He is still one of if not the most respected bloke in league circles and having him in our corner would really help us moving on in terms of making us attractive to sponsors, staff and players.

Quayle once said on radio that had we jumped ship to Superleague the ARL would have been dead
In the water. He does not forget. This is really encouraging.

RHCP

Bench
A good off season will hopefully get him back to his best form. Korbin and Tariq leading our forward pack is an intimidating proposition for the opposition.

Status
Not open for further replies.