What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured targets 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

perverse

Referee
It will be great to get Tariq. Korbin just seems to keep getting better and better every week, hopefully they will push each other to their best. Tariq doesn't seem to have been entirely happy up north for a while, going through the motions. Hopefully he can settle here quickly and get back to his best.

Johns Magic

Referee
After I bagged Tariq a couple of weeks ago he has played like a gun since. He has moved from lock to 2nd row and looks like he did when he first hit the scene. Maybe he is over those injuries he copped a couple of years back and running free again.

I would be stoked to get him as a second rower the way he is playing. Has been playing same side as Beau though so hopefully he can make the switch.

Noname36

First Grade
So realistically we're looking something like this:

8. Snowden
9. Clydesdale
10. *hopefully new signing*
11. Scott
12. T. Sims
13. Smith

14. Roberts
15. K. Sims
16. Rochow (hopefully as a prop)
17. Tapine/*new signing*

Not bad at all. Good mix of experience and youth. Really need a couple of FG standard props though. Say what you want about the backrow but it will be bloody tough and aggressive at the very least.

aqua_duck

Coach
So realistically we're looking something like this:

8. Snowden
9. Clydesdale
10. *hopefully new signing*
11. Scott
12. T. Sims
13. Smith

14. Roberts
15. K. Sims
16. Rochow (hopefully as a prop)
17. Tapine/*new signing*

Not bad at all. Good mix of experience and youth. Really need a couple of FG standard props though. Say what you want about the backrow but it will be bloody tough and aggressive at the very least.

Furthermore, I think what we need to depth as well, would love to have 2 or 3 props and backrowers in NSW cup who could fill in without any hassle (and provide competition for spots). I think if we can get abit of depth sorted and improve our overall line speed and wrestle it will make a world of difference

Noname36

First Grade
Furthermore, I think what we need to depth as well, would love to have 2 or 3 props and backrowers in NSW cup who could fill in without any hassle (and provide competition for spots). I think if we can get abit of depth sorted and improve our overall line speed and wrestle it will make a world of difference

Yep, certainly agree. If this year has taught us anything it's that you need depth in the forwards, and quality depth at that. Call me crazy, but if we can't sign anyone I wouldn't completely hate the idea of giving House an extension...as long as it was on a very reduced contract for NSW Cup to cover injuries. At the very least he has experience. I wouldn't have minded Mason doing the same but watching last week he's had it. Made something like 45m and looked like he was really struggling out there.

Spot On

Coach
Yep, Mason is shot. Can't keep up with game anymore, even in short bursts.

Stoked with the Tariq signing. A couple really good props would be icing on the cake.

aqua_duck

Coach
I can cop Houston on say $150k a year but as long as its just one older bloke for depth, not a whole army of older blokes

Nuffy

Bench
Good news about Sims, adds some quality.

I've got a suspicion that Hannant is still in play although not this year, perhaps all the ownership wrangles have delayed it.

I would be throwing plenty at Merrin, he could be a pack leader for 6-8 years and we should have plenty of cash for it.

Getting Sims, Hannant and Merrin would make a world of difference.

I also think that Bennent will likely stay, the NRL will want him to rebuild the club and the McKinnon issue will play no small part.

Interesting article re Quayle, he should be made Chairman of the new structure, just to bed down the new venture.

Johns Magic

Referee
Announcements of Tariq signing and Bennett re-signing would give us some real positive vibes out there in the player market. Hopefully it has a snowball effect.

Merrin and hannant. Make it happen Wayne.

I wish rnb would provide some input? Is Tariq this signing he has been hinting to?

perverse

Referee
Merrin isn't available until 2016 - why is his name getting thrown up so much? Has he requested a release?

Johns Magic

Referee
I think it's just media speculation that because he signed his contract before becoming the star he is he is for what is now massive unders, he could break contract.

Burwood

Bench
Shame we couldn't pick up Sims before the June 30 deadline considering that the Cowboys signed Moga.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts