What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured targets 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rod

Bench
Scott and Smith have said they're seeing out their contracts here and not following Wayne. Good news.

Wato

Juniors
On the NRL site and the other forum. Matt Gidley did say there are a few with get out clauses and he will finalise the roster over the next few weeks.

Nuffy

Bench
On the NRL site and the other forum. Matt Gidley did say there are a few with get out clauses and he will finalise the roster over the next few weeks.

Im guessing Boyd of course and likely Gagai and Leulia.

Might be a bit late in the year to be shopping themselves around.

Swarzey

Bench
Gagai will probably stay. His brother is here and I think he convinced his family to make the move down to Newcastle. He wouldn't have done so if he thought Wayne was here beyond 2015. Leulia only resigned because of Bennett and with his new contract starting next season, I wouldn't be surprised if he asked to leave.

Noname36

First Grade
I don't think BJ would have a Bennett get out clause. His new extension was longer than Bennett's initial contract. I think Gagai probably would sadly. Hopefully we can keep him because of the family connection but since his little brother has lost his spot in the NYC side both might want to leave...

The one I'm really worried about leaving is Clydesdale. Bennett convinced him to stay here and the Dragons don't exactly have great hooking options...

Last edited:

Nuffy

Bench
What is working in our favour is the fact that most clubs rosters would be pretty settled for next year particularly at the higher end.

Nuffy

Bench
Gagai will probably stay. His brother is here and I think he convinced his family to make the move down to Newcastle. He wouldn't have done so if he thought Wayne was here beyond 2015. Leulia only resigned because of Bennett and with his new contract starting next season, I wouldn't be surprised if he asked to leave.

We really need to settle on a fullback, if Gagai is the man, then why not try and lock him in.

Dave_

Juniors
Just seen in the main forum that Anthony Laffranchi wants to return to the NRL. Does anyone think he'd be worth a year or two? He must be getting pretty long in the tooth now but he'd probably be better than nothing considering that's the way it's looking for us.

I used to rate this guy back in the day and apparently he still goes good. Shame he's not 25 though.

Jono078

Referee
Just seen in the main forum that Anthony Laffranchi wants to return to the NRL. Does anyone think he'd be worth a year or two? He must be getting pretty long in the tooth now but he'd probably be better than nothing considering that's the way it's looking for us.

I used to rate this guy back in the day and apparently he still goes good. Shame he's not 25 though.
Nope. I liked him as a player. But we have to move on from the 30+ aged signings.

Noname36

First Grade
http://m.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/newcastle-prop-willie-mason-waits-on-wayne-bennett-decision-as-he-weighs-up-future/story-fni3fbgz-1226992539168

Mason's comments in this article have severely pissed me off. Sounds like we're going to lose a fair few players. His comments that none of he, Boyd, Smith, Scott, Gags or BJ would be at the club if it weren't for Bennett, while true, are a huge slap in the face to a club that opened it's doors to them...especially blokes like Mase that didn't have many options or Gagai and BJ that had off field issues.

Just let em all go. I can't even imagine how tough hearing shit like that would be for long-term players like Gids, Mullo, Aku or Macca.

Sacrolishes

Juniors
The way I have been looking at it is, if a player wants to leave to simply follow Bennett I say "good luck and goodbye" because they clearly don't have the passion for the jersey or town. And that to me is more important. I want to support a player/team who has pride in there jersey. That's why I've/ we have dtrtuhwf with Boyd because he doesn't seem to want to wear the colours. If there are others like it... Then they can go too.

Knight Vision

First Grade
http://m.dailytelegraph.com.au/spor...weighs-up-future/story-fni3fbgz-1226992539168

Mason's comments in this article have severely pissed me off. Sounds like we're going to lose a fair few players. His comments that none of he, Boyd, Smith, Scott, Gags or BJ would be at the club if it weren't for Bennett, while true, are a huge slap in the face to a club that opened it's doors to them...especially blokes like Mase that didn't have many options or Gagai and BJ that had off field issues.

Just let em all go. I can't even imagine how tough hearing shit like that would be for long-term players like Gids, Mullo, Aku or Macca.
yeh I posted this in another thread so didnt see it here. My thoughts are the same as you. Mason really does come across as an ass. Instead of looking to support the club ( his home town club I might add ) he kicks it in the guts. Rather than encouraging words for the team to stick together he plants words of doubt and hints of mass exodus. The guy is a prick. And from what I've heard is in no small way part of the reason the team hasnt performed

Knight Vision

First Grade
The way I have been looking at it is, if a player wants to leave to simply follow Bennett I say "good luck and goodbye" because they clearly don't have the passion for the jersey or town. And that to me is more important. I want to support a player/team who has pride in there jersey. That's why I've/ we have dtrtuhwf with Boyd because he doesn't seem to want to wear the colours. If there are others like it... Then they can go too.

here here.....thats one of the reasons why I think teams tend to go better when there are more locals in the lineup....they have passion and pride in the jersey. The opposition might win but theyre going home knowing they were in a footy game,

It is too hard to know what to think or feel about the club right now. Promising myself to divorce the emotion in the short term. Mason stating the obvious about Bennett and the players.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
http://m.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/newcastle-prop-willie-mason-waits-on-wayne-bennett-decision-as-he-weighs-up-future/story-fni3fbgz-1226992539168

The article uses his quote SO far out of context!!!

Nuffy

Bench
My view, Mason is looking to feather his own nest. He doesnt have a deal yet, frankly and is unlikely to get one outside of Newcastle and is trying to put none too subtle pressure on the club to move to re-sign him.

Seems like its time to move Mason on with Bennett, looks like his up to his antics that he pulled at the Dogs and imparticular at the Roosters when they wouldn't even let him join the squad for the preseason!

- Once we finalise our coach and new ownership structure they seriously should just have a 3 week amnesty were if players want to walk they can walk, I am sure we'd have some pleasant suprises and some rude shocks but atleast we'd have a unified team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts