What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured targets 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Intersting article by Toohey. Summary: Bennett decision imminent, hannant a strong maybe but powerbrokers not all fans of Hannant, Mase highy doubtful to get another year ( whether his choice or not is unknown), we are targeting front rowers regardless, boyd bagged yet again as being media phobic and personality free withthat a possible reason as to why his 3rd party evaporated ( get over it Toohey he does not like you). Stone future clouded. Tets may be back next season. Not comfortable with the Tets return issue.Then again i am all for giving Russ Packer a second go. I get it is a double standard However russ did not beat a woman as is alleged with Zane. In my book there is no excuse for bashings but bashing women is absolutely unforgivable.

Last edited:

Wato

Juniors
The gummy is claiming Mase is talking to the sharks about a move their next season so perhaps we have a few cards up our sleeve as you would not be moving props along without replacements considering our lack of depth there.

Noname36

First Grade
What does he mean by the powerbrokers not all being fans of Hannant? What other props of his ability that we might actually be able to sign do they think would be better? Hopefully not resting our chances of Tets coming back who was always f**king average anyway.

Noname36

First Grade
Maybe. I always just assumed the issues there were because Griffin didn't want to have to acknowledge that Kennedy was a dud.

On another note, if it's true Mason is looking at the Sharks by his own choice I think that's probably an obvious sign Bennett won't be here since Wayne was the only reason he came here to begin with (unless he did a Tallis on him). Not sure what use the Sharks would have for him TBH. He's had it and they have a great pack as it is.

Last edited:

Allstar Knights

Juniors
What does he mean by the powerbrokers not all being fans of Hannant? What other props of his ability that we might actually be able to sign do they think would be better? Hopefully not resting our chances of Tets coming back who was always f**king average anyway.
Yeah, Hannant is a must. He's putting out great numbers for Brisbane this year while only getting fairly short minutes from the bench. Griffin is nuts.

I actually thought Tetevano was coming along nicely this year when he was given a proper crack in FG. I'd definitely have him back next year if he can behave himself.

Last edited:

TooheysNew

Coach
Maybe. I always just assumed the issues there were because Griffin didn't want to have to acknowledge that Kennedy was a dud.

On another note, if it's true Mason is looking at the Sharks by his own choice I think that's probably an obvious sign Bennett won't be here since Wayne was the only reason he came here to begin with (unless he did a Tallis on him). Not sure what use the Sharks would have for him TBH. He's had it and they have a great pack as it is.
Or he's been told he is excess to requirements because Bennet can see he's slowing down. I don't think it's an obvious sign at all.

Noname36

First Grade
Or he's been told he is excess to requirements because Bennet can see he's slowing down. I don't think it's an obvious sign at all.

Yeah, I know...I'm just developing a theory based on a suggestion in that article that he might have chosen to go himself and hasn't been pushed by anyone at the club. Certainly agree that it's far more likely that Bennett or someone at the club has given him the tap on the shoulder.

Burwood

Bench
Did. They pulled out at the last minute because of concerns over sponsorship etc and then we picked him up. If their board didn't get cold feet he never would have signed with us, regardless of who our coach was.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
The gummy is claiming Mase is talking to the sharks about a move their next season so perhaps we have a few cards up our sleeve as you would not be moving props along without replacements considering our lack of depth there.

NOOO!!!! The knights NEED to keep Mason at the club just for his image...

I know he's not going as well as he was when he first arrived, but when he retires the club need to keep him around as a trainer or something, with media duties.

Regardless of your opinion of him, Willie is a fantastic speaker and should be used as the clubs frontman in the media. Rick Stone is shit-boring to listen to with the team announcements and the post-match pressers; If Wayne doesnt want to do it, Willie would be the perfect choice...

Noname36

First Grade
Did. They pulled out at the last minute because of concerns over sponsorship etc and then we picked him up. If their board didn't get cold feet he never would have signed with us, regardless of who our coach was.

I do some work with Mason's junior club and I've actually spoken to him personally about it. Regardless of what was reported, the deal with the Tigers was absolutely still on the table when he chose to come here. He said the Tigers were working through some things to get the deal over the line (taking to sponsors maybe) when the Knights approached him - with a smaller offer.

Burwood

Bench
How long does it take for the Tigers to work through some things? I just find it unusual that on March 22 Mason is in talks with the Tigers and an announcement on his signing is imminent, and then we sign him a whole month later on April 18. No club board is that slow to get the ok from sponsors.

Noname36

First Grade
How long does it take for the Tigers to work through some things? I just find it unusual that on March 22 Mason is in talks with the Tigers and an announcement on his signing is imminent, and then we sign him a whole month later on April 18. No club board is that slow to get the ok from sponsors.

Whether it's true or not I can't know for sure, but that's what came straight from his mouth and I'm not sure what reason he would have to lie about it. Boards taking a long time on this sort of stuff is hardly surprising...especially when Willie was considered a huge risk and scraping money together at the start of the season when the squad was finalised isn't easy. Tigers board was in shambles too remember. Also look how long it took us to get the Sims thing over the line. There can be a multitude of reasons.

Spot On

Coach
I'd be genuinely shocked if any NRL coach, after watching Mason this year, would entertain the thought of having him fill a spot in the top 17 players.

Nuffy

Bench
Whether it's true or not I can't know for sure, but that's what came straight from his mouth and I'm not sure what reason he would have to lie about it. Boards taking a long time on this sort of stuff is hardly surprising...especially when Willie was considered a huge risk and scraping money together at the start of the season when the squad was finalised isn't easy. Tigers board was in shambles too remember. Also look how long it took us to get the Sims thing over the line. There can be a multitude of reasons.

He wants to be seen to be the good guy, someone who turned down a better offer to play for his hometown team.

My guess is that we were his only offer. That said he has been good for us, but the speed of the game this year has really shown him up.

He isnt getting another NRL contract I wouldnt have thought.

cram

Bench
My guess is that we were his only offer. That said he has been good for us, but the speed of the game this year has really shown him up.

I have not watched any Knights games this year but caught some the Eeels match and there was a vision Mason and he looked absolutely shattered, I then understood the comments of him being off the pace of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts