What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured targets 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
From my perspective Joey Leilua is free to leave. He is a second rower playing centre anyway. He is a bigger version of Sau. When he does pass it is either flat or loose. A liability when his head is not in the game. Bring in Sione. I see Macca moving to centres next year with Mamo his wing partner. Maybe Mmao at 19 is a couple of years from being ready for FG fullback.

Spot On

Coach
Agreed. Would be miffed Mullo, Clydesdale, Tyrone and Beau left but could happily wave goodbye to anyone else who's heart is not in it.

Joker's Wild

Coach
Yeah the bagging of the Roosters for somehow "bending" the cap is pretty naive. They are a product of some good systems and astute recruitment

Alex28

Coach
From my perspective Joey Leilua is free to leave. He is a second rower playing centre anyway. He is a bigger version of Sau. When he does pass it is either flat or loose. A liability when his head is not in the game. Bring in Sione. I see Macca moving to centres next year with Mamo his wing partner. Maybe Mmao at 19 is a couple of years from being ready for FG fullback.

Beg to differ. We absolutely need him next year. With no Boyd and no Leilua next year, and realistically Mamo being a year too early (which he is), unless we buy someone to replace one of them we'll be less for letting him go...

Joker's Wild

Coach
Lol comon guys, pretty f**kin harsh on Mullo here

The whole team lacked energy and composure today and he tried hard to spark them

Jeezus

DCE will stay at Manly. Foran is the player I would go for out of those two. Am biased though cos he is my favourite player. Fearless and direct.

Nuffy

Bench
Lol comon guys, pretty f**kin harsh on Mullo here

The whole team lacked energy and composure today and he tried hard to spark them

Jeezus

Yep but of all of them, Mullo as the senior playmaker has to be the adult out there. He wasn't.

That chip from the scrum was the worst option in a day of bad options.

He has to be better yet after 150 plus games, he just can't control a game.

Might be time for a plan B.

Given how many playmakers are on the market next season I doubt highly our new coach will not make a play for one of them. Mullen is seriously frustrating to watch at times but the focusing on him alone is uncalled for. As for the chip by Mullo you are kidding right! The bounce holds Boyd is under the posts. Joey used that play to Jamie Ainscough back in the 90s. It is the sort of football that we should be backing more often. You cannot have it both ways. When you chase points you have to be intuitive. No point being conservative and hoping that the chance will come later. We are too guilty of that. The minute we moved the ball quickly through the hands the Titans had no idea how to counter us. Why did it all of a sudden stop? The boys went back into safety first Bennett mode.

Last edited:

Nuffy

Bench
Given how many playmakers are on the market next season I doubt highly our new coach will not make a play for one of them. Mullen is seriously frustrating to watch at times but the focusing on him alone is uncalled for. As for the chip by Mullo you are kidding right! The bounce holds Boyd is under the posts. Joey used that play to Jamie Ainscough back in the 90s. It is the sort of football that we should be backing more often. You cannot have it both ways. When you chase points you have to be intuitive. No point being conservative and hoping that the chance will come later. We are too guilty of that. The minute we moved the ball quickly through the hands the Titans had no idea how to counter us. Why did it all of a sudden stop? The boys went back into safety first Bennett mode.

I'm not kidding, we are 35m out from a scrum, 6 plays and he goes for the miracle.

Just a reminder, the bounce didn't hold and they got the ball back.

There was 20 to go and we were down by 12, there's a difference with being intuitive and just making it up.

Seriously, we wouldn't need to chase points if our attack within 20 had half a clue and unfortunately Mullo is in charge.

It was the wrong play, simple.

Knight Vision

First Grade

I'm not kidding, we are 35m out from a scrum, 6 plays and he goes for the miracle.

Just a reminder, the bounce didn't hold and they got the ball back.

There was 20 to go and we were down by 12, there's a difference with being intuitive and just making it up.

Seriously, we wouldn't need to chase points if our attack within 20 had half a clue and unfortunately Mullo is in charge.

It was the wrong play, simple.
I think your both right in a way , right play wrong time .....the team has played boring footy for a while now, we have a backline that is full of promise, last season our backline was second in stats only to Manly and I think if the team wasnt so caught up in the percentage footy of Bennett ball and was allowed to play a style more suiting their skills and most importantly they were enjoying their footy more we would have more success.

Just watch the guys , they hardly smile and look like the weight of the world is upon them....

Nuffy

Bench
News is reporting that Bennett wants to keep Hannant at Brisbane.

I wonder whether Bennett really went all in for Hannant knowing that he was angling for a return to Brisbane.

Seems very suspicious.

Alex28

Coach
This is why Bennett needs to go now. He has been planning his exit and return to Brisbane all along - negotiating with a current Broncos player on behalf of the Knights knowing he'll be back at Brisbane next year is a BLATANT conflict of interest.

We can't move forward with the guy around. Piss him off now.

K-Man

Bench
This is why Bennett needs to go now. He has been planning his exit and return to Brisbane all along - negotiating with a current Broncos player on behalf of the Knights knowing he'll be back at Brisbane next year is a BLATANT conflict of interest.

We can't move forward with the guy around. Piss him off now.

It's farcical that he's still in charge. In any other industry he'd have been out the door straight away, and have his hands tied by a no-compete clause.

We're just going to sit back and watch him line up his ducks for next year while pretending to guide us to... a possible wooden spoon.

Alex28

Coach
Lara Pitt on Fox Sports hinted that we are going to announce a major signing this week.

Guess away - Adam Reynolds?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts