What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured targets 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noname36

First Grade
Maybe. I don't get why they would call Korbs or Darbs choosing to stay a major signing? Both already have contracts for next year.

perverse

Referee
I think there's a decent chance he got Tariq and Korbin mixed up there. At least as good a chance as him accidently spilling the beans on a re-signing, anyway.

Nuffy

Bench
I think there's a decent chance he got Tariq and Korbin mixed up there. At least as good a chance as him accidently spilling the beans on a re-signing, anyway.

Initially I thought that also but he says " staying at Newcastle", that's the bit I don't think he'd make a mistake on.

perverse

Referee
Hmm, good point. I dunno, I just don't think it'd be much of a scoop or announcement for foxsports - as much as it's good news for us anyway if it is the announcement. Keeping Korbin beyond 2015 should be very high priority for the club.

Would not surprise me in the least if Boyd decided he wants to stay. Given Dogs and Raiders have gone on record saying they have no interest in him. broncs cannot afford him unless they offload Barba. Otherwise he could just want to stay anyway. I wonder if Boyd's reaction in that interview was all down to the fact he was annoyed Bennett was going when he had himself decided he was settled in Newcastle. Media just make up what they want about him anyway and the vicious cycle spirals out of control. Facts are Boyd has never ever once bagged our city or club and none of that ever gets taken into consideration.

Last edited:

Yosh

Coach
He is a waste of cap space as he is now. If he takes a heavily reduced contract and it's only a 2 year contract, so he needs to play well to get another contract after he's done.

Alex28

Coach
He is a waste of cap space as he is now. If he takes a heavily reduced contract and it's only a 2 year contract, so he needs to play well to get another contract after he's done.

Who - Boyd?

If so, rubbish. He is the best back we have by a long way.

perverse

Referee
I've never been more conflicted about a player than I am about Boyd. If the bloke would buy into our team properly, and not look disgusted with his teammates every time they f**ked up, and try to use his obvious class and ability to be a part of the solution rather than a part of the problem, and be willing to play for more than 1/2 a season... then I'd be welcoming the bloke to stay with open arms.

I don't know if we would ever get that out of him. Maybe it would be a wake up call to be without Bennett, and he'd have to pull his head in. It's both pleasing to me, but worrying, that he is struggling to find a suitor in the NRL. He's made this bed with his shit attitude.

Nuffy

Bench
Would not surprise me in the least if Boyd decided he wants to stay. Given Dogs and Raiders have gone on record saying they have no interest in him. broncs cannot afford him unless they offload Barba. Otherwise he could just want to stay anyway. I wonder if Boyd's reaction in that interview was all down to the fact he was annoyed Bennett was going when he had himself decided he was settled in Newcastle. Media just make up what they want about him anyway and the vicious cycle spirals out of control. Facts are Boyd has never ever once bagged our city or club and none of that ever gets taken into consideration.

The Newy Herald is suggesting today that he has told the club and players that he is on the move.

Alex28

Coach
In what ? Talent ? his attitude sucks !!

Seriously - who gives a rats on the basis it isn't affecting the team? You hear guys like Mason affect the team. I've never heard Boyd being a bad influence on anybody in the team.

He is our best player - forward or back. If we can find a way to keep him here we should.

Spot On

Coach
Rating Darius Boyd's playing time at the Knights:

Talent - Yes
Experience - Yes
Heart - No
Performance - No
Effort - No
Loyalty - No
Desire - No
Attitude - No
Application - No

Rating Darius Boyd's time away from Newcastle whilst playing for QLD:

Talent - Yes
Experience - Yes
Heart - Yes
Performance - Yes
Effort - Yes
Loyalty - Yes
Desire - Yes
Attitude - Yes
Application - Yes

If the bloke really wants to be here and bleed for the club then welcome the new version of D. Boyd. If not, piss off. I don't care if you're our "best" or most "talented" player.

We have a few underachieving/under performing blokes I hope the new coach spears. New f**king attitude, a will to win at all costs and willingness to give all, to bleed for each other and the jersey and make the supporters and fans proud.

Have those traits honestly shone through the playing group other than a few weeks late last season???? Can we honestly say, that bar a few players at times, they have looked absolutely hungry to go into battle each week and rip in??? To perform week in week out????

Now, I'm not blaming Darius for the attitude and performance of others but as a club I could not blame the new coach for shaking the tree, having the bad apples booted out and watch the "unhappy" players sook when their mate/s get the chop and then be given a boot fair up the arse if it means putting some steel back in the joint.

Last edited:

Dave_

Juniors
How many times has he actually been our "best player" on the day? I agree he has the potential to be but he very rarely shows it.

Alex28

Coach
What's not to say working under a different coach and getting him out of his comfort zone isn't going to get more out of him?

Nuffy

Bench
I want the bloke to stay but he does run more cold than hot when he is playing for us.

That said he is an origin player and CC medal winner who is 27, if you could get him right, he would be outstanding.

All a moot point because he has already said he is leaving and I suspect he will be Bronco bound.

I would be making a play for Hoffman, he is a FB, would be cheaper than Boyd, younger and is Gagai's cousin.

Status
Not open for further replies.