What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured targets 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yosh

Coach
Who - Boyd?

If so, rubbish. He is the best back we have by a long way.

How? His inspirational attitude on the pitch? His amazing stats? His value for money?

Not saying he's a bad player. Just a bad player for us.

Alex28

Coach
Performance? He is nowhere near as bad as everybody makes him out to be. He does actually have a dig for the most of it - I get frustrated at times with him as well but he is by far our best back.

Who of our backs is better than Boyd?

Yosh

Coach
He might be our best back but his performances are like 5 or 6s out of 10 while others are like 4 or 5s. Doesn't mean we should stick with him.

Knight Vision

First Grade
Yes, in talent. No ones denying he has a bad attitude but at his best he's our most talented player by a mile.

Talent is one thing, attitude is everything ! in a team environment one bad apple will ruin the lot. Poor attitude and indifference breeds like a cancer in a team environment.

No point him being the most talented player when his attitude isnt conducive to everyone else achieving their best.

Get rid of the jerk asap and take Mason on on his way out the door.

Noname36

First Grade
Talent is one thing, attitude is everything ! in a team environment one bad apple will ruin the lot. Poor attitude and indifference breeds like a cancer in a team environment.

No point him being the most talented player when his attitude isnt conducive to everyone else achieving their best.

Get rid of the jerk asap and take Mason on on his way out the door.

Seriously? You're gonna talk like that today?? :crazy:

Ease up a bit mate. At least give the dust a chance to settle.

Knight Vision

First Grade
Seriously - who gives a rats on the basis it isn't affecting the team? You hear guys like Mason affect the team. I've never heard Boyd being a bad influence on anybody in the team.

He is our best player - forward or back. If we can find a way to keep him here we should.

If I and anyone else watching a game can see that he isnt putting in dont you think the rest of the team can also see and feel that? Do you really think a person with this attitude just shuts their mouth and doesnt actually speak to fellow players ? Do you really think that this doesnt affect a team ? If you think that then I'm sorry but you have less than zero idea of what it takes to have a successful team environment....

perverse

Referee
If I and anyone else watching a game can see that he isnt putting in dont you think the rest of the team can also see and feel that? Do you really think a person with this attitude just shuts their mouth and doesnt actually speak to fellow players ? Do you really think that this doesnt affect a team ? If you think that then I'm sorry but you have less than zero idea of what it takes to have a successful team environment....
Have you not read the news today?

Knight Vision

First Grade
Rating Darius Boyd's playing time at the Knights:

Talent - Yes
Experience - Yes
Heart - No
Performance - No
Effort - No
Loyalty - No
Desire - No
Attitude - No
Application - No

Rating Darius Boyd's time away from Newcastle whilst playing for QLD:

Talent - Yes
Experience - Yes
Heart - Yes
Performance - Yes
Effort - Yes
Loyalty - Yes
Desire - Yes
Attitude - Yes
Application - Yes

If the bloke really wants to be here and bleed for the club then welcome the new version of D. Boyd. If not, piss off. I don't care if you're our "best" or most "talented" player.

We have a few underachieving/under performing blokes I hope the new coach spears. New f**king attitude, a will to win at all costs and willingness to give all, to bleed for each other and the jersey and make the supporters and fans proud.

Have those traits honestly shone through the playing group other than a few weeks late last season???? Can we honestly say, that bar a few players at times, they have looked absolutely hungry to go into battle each week and rip in??? To perform week in week out????

Now, I'm not blaming Darius for the attitude and performance of others but as a club I could not blame the new coach for shaking the tree, having the bad apples booted out and watch the "unhappy" players sook when their mate/s get the chop and then be given a boot fair up the arse if it means putting some steel back in the joint.

Bad attitude is a cancer, I've seen it ruin many a good team and prevent successful outcomes. If the old saying " a team is only as fast as its slowest man" can be used for attitude then our poor team results are reflective of Boyds attitude this year !!

perverse

Referee
Knight Vision - I suggest you go read the last few pages of the "Boyd to quit club" thread. Either you don't know the latest on the situation - or you're a completely callous arsehole.

Knight Vision

First Grade
Performance? He is nowhere near as bad as everybody makes him out to be. He does actually have a dig for the most of it - I get frustrated at times with him as well but he is by far our best back.

Who of our backs is better than Boyd?

The real question here should be " who of our backs has a worse attitude than Boyd ? It would be highly debatable if you could say anyone. There's ya problem right there....

perverse

Referee
Well this is getting embarrassing...

Michael_Jackson_popcorn.gif

Knight Vision

First Grade
Knight Vision - I suggest you go read the last few pages of the "Boyd to quit club" thread. Either you don't know the latest on the situation - or you're a completely callous arsehole.

We are not talking about the man's personal life here we are talking about his contribution ( or lack there of ) to the Newcastle Knights. I'm very sorry the young fella has mental health issues but that's another matter entirely.

cram

Bench
We are not talking about the man's personal life here we are talking about his contribution ( or lack there of ) to the Newcastle Knights. I'm very sorry the young fella has mental health issues but that's another matter entirely.

So you thinks it's possible to seperate the two? That his mental health issues have no impact at his work?

perverse

Referee
Ok, I was wrong... you just live in a fantasy land. How on earth is it another matter entirely? His mental health is directly related to his bloody attitude, lol.

Yosh

Coach
Mental health issues are just as damaging as physical health issues if not more. Of course he's heads not in the game when he has depression. You break a leg you can't run, you have depression and you feel like life's not worth living. What's worse?

Knight Vision

First Grade
Well I thought I had read it all and then Knight Vision proves why depressed folk stay quiet about it as long as they do.

Oh hear we go holier than thou treading some bullshit path of righteous crap.... We were having an adult debate about a persons lack of input into a team , not the reasons for it....suck my dick you idiot...now get back to school

Status
Not open for further replies.