What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured targets 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yosh

Coach
Why make yourslef public enemy number one? He has depression bro... Don't pick on people with disabilities man.

Sacrolishes

Juniors
Lara Pitt on Fox Sports hinted that we are going to announce a major signing this week.

Guess away - Adam Reynolds?

I just twittered Lara this question

@LaraPittFox where's that signing/resigning for @NRLKnights you mentioned earlier this week? team/fans need some good news.

Lara Pitt ‏@LaraPittFox 5m

@BPurser123 wasn't me sorry..

11:31 AM - 24 Jul 2014 · Details

And then this

Shauno ‏@shauno7 Jul 21
@LaraPittFox there's a rumour that you have said the knights are about to unveil a major signing. Is this true? Any hints? #pleasebetrue

Details Reply Retweet Favorite More
User Actions
Follow

Lara PittVerified account
‏@LaraPittFox
@shauno7 not me.. Sorry

9:07 AM - 22 Jul 2014

Did you get the reporters mixed up Alex? or did she make a boo boo and is now denying it all?!?!?

Kiwi

First Grade
With all the fullbacks at the broncos, I wonder if he'll be shifted to 5/8th. I reckon he'd go pretty good there.
The only place for Boyd in the Broncos back line would be wing, and we could only afford him if we released Hoffman I would think. All our spare cash is better spent elsewhere.

Joker's Wild

Coach
The Broncos need a 5/8 mate and Boyd could certainly play there

Youre right in saying theyd need to get rid of Hoffman though but I doubt that would be hard considering the Dogs were after him not that long ago

Nuffy

Bench
I just twittered Lara this question

@LaraPittFox where's that signing/resigning for @NRLKnights you mentioned earlier this week? team/fans need some good news.

Lara Pitt ‏@LaraPittFox 5m

@BPurser123 wasn't me sorry..

11:31 AM - 24 Jul 2014 · Details

And then this

Shauno ‏@shauno7 Jul 21
@LaraPittFox there's a rumour that you have said the knights are about to unveil a major signing. Is this true? Any hints? #pleasebetrue

Details Reply Retweet Favorite More
User Actions
Follow

Lara PittVerified account
‏@LaraPittFox
@shauno7 not me.. Sorry

9:07 AM - 22 Jul 2014

Did you get the reporters mixed up Alex? or did she make a boo boo and is now denying it all?!?!?

I saw her that night on the Matt Johns show and I dont recall her saying anything about a major signing so I was surprised.

I suspect that Alex may have misheard as no other media has said anything similar.

Alex28

Coach
Wasn't on Matty Johns - was on FSN earlier in the day.

Would suggest it didn't pan out and she has nothing to say...

Big Tim

First Grade
We are not talking about the man's personal life here we are talking about his contribution ( or lack there of ) to the Newcastle Knights. I'm very sorry the young fella has mental health issues but that's another matter entirely.

Mate it is quite simple.

Happy players off the field have all their focus on football, and the results come.

Clearly the guy has a lot going on in his personal life. From all reports this isnt something that started last week either, it has been for majority of his time at the Knights.

Nuffy

Bench
Just read on the foxsports website that Panthers are considering giving packer a lifeline.

Yeap, we get kicked in the balls and they potentially reap the rewards. Sounds about right for 2014.

Frankly, if the bloke is to play anywhere in 2015, then it should be here. Or back in NZ if he is deported.

Isn't 12 months in gaol automatic deportion after? If he doesn't get paroled in January that's his career over and also will the NRL register the guy is the other biggy.

Yosh

Coach
Gould is a sneaky mofo. He probably was the informer who snitched on Packer in the first place...

otori

Juniors
Isn't 12 months in gaol automatic deportion after? If he doesn't get paroled in January that's his career over and also will the NRL register the guy is the other biggy.

Yes he will fail the character test and be removed under s501 if he spends 12 months or more in jail. Aus removes a lot of Kiwis under this provision ... It's not 100% that he will be removed though if he can prove mitigating circumstances but it's not looking good for him. He'd also struggle to come back into the country as his prior removal will not be looked upon favour ably.

Status
Not open for further replies.