What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured targets 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave_

Juniors
I read in today's Tele that we can't re-sign Houston and Faalongo until we hear from Boyd.

Seriously, how the flying f**k can we have cap problems.

Defies description that we would be in such a position to be unable to re sign two fringe first graders.

I'm so tired of duds like these two that I'd almost rather we crawled out 2 blokes short.

perverse

Referee
Is it possible that Boyd's contract was heavily back-ended, hence the club mediating a settlement with him to leave for next year? It never added up to me why Boyd was asking for money from the club to leave, but that would make some sense.

Swarzey

Bench
:lol:

I can just imagine you lot reaching for the razors over every bit of news assuming it's negative. Most likely case is that we've got space set aside to be spent on player/s we're looking at and/or talking to and would rather spend Boyd's money to finalise any other player contracts at the club before dipping into those funds. It's simplest form of cap management.

Seriously, they're dumb at this club, but not that f**king stupid to find themselves struggling to sign fringe players.

So we can't fit anyone under our cap, then you compare our team to the roosters, manly, souffs, cowboys and wonder where the f**k is all our cap money?

whistler

Juniors
Not what we need but would be a decent pick up for reserve grade.

Not what we need??? We need as many front rowers as we can get our hands on.
He's young, was a junior star, has played 1st grade and has something to prove. I think a low risk pick up like that is definitely worth a chance.

TheViking

Juniors
I wouldn't say he is good. I also wouldn't say he is crap. Though he is certainly only going to help. Knights need props quiet badly. He at least brings something to the table. As the other guy said, he would be a very low risk as his price would not be bad. May even be partially paid by the Dragons although wouldn't imagine he was on much. Has some ability and is young enough to progress.

Swarzey

Bench
Ah, forgive me, thought he was a backrower/lock, not a prop. I haven't seen much of him, mostly just heard his name during calls.

Given there's no one really worth chasing on the market right now he's certainly worth picking up. Wouldn't cost a whole heap and has plenty of time to develop. Could be a gem like the Chooks have had with their stocks.

TheViking

Juniors
Ah, forgive me, thought he was a backrower/lock, not a prop. I haven't seen much of him, mostly just heard his name during calls.

Given there's no one really worth chasing on the market right now he's certainly worth picking up. Wouldn't cost a whole heap and has plenty of time to develop. Could be a gem like the Chooks have had with their stocks.

No need to forgive you mate. He isn't exactly a household name.

Ah, wouldn't go that far either. He is a prop/backrower. Not really a gem so to speak. He would not make the Roosters squad. He has been around a little while now.

I think Packer, Mason etc are better options. Though obviously more expensive too.

That said he is better then current options and certainly will not hurt your line up nor your salary cap.

I am hoping we shift our recruitment back to youth and build a young squad of up and comers. I truly feel that is our best bet at becoming competitive. Stockwell is a step in that direction. Of course not a stubborn insistence on youth but I feel getting a reputation for giving talented kids a chance to play first grade as a starter will make us more attractive to them as opposed to waiting till they are established and demand more money to come here.

Last edited:

Swarzey

Bench
No need to forgive you mate. He isn't exactly a household name.

Ah, wouldn't go that far either. He is a prop/backrower. Not really a gem so to speak. He would not make the Roosters squad. He has been around a little while now.

I think Packer, Mason etc are better options. Though obviously more expensive too.

That said he is better then current options and certainly will not hurt your line up nor your salary cap.

I mean we'll pick him up, he'll find some form and will have an impact. Not expecting him to reach those standards but half the of the Roosters squad were no names before last year. They took a risk by picking up their talent who were struggling elsewhere. Shows anyone can become anything at the right club and given the right opportunities.

That said, I have to say he seems he'll be replacing the spots left by Mataora and/orVaivai in NSW Cup. Stone has massive wraps on them and I can only assume they will be in our starting line up from the bench.

Still though, better than no one and better than blokes in their final years.

TheViking

Juniors
I mean we'll pick him up, he'll find some form and will have an impact. Not expecting him to reach those standards but half the of the Roosters squad were no names before last year. They took a risk by picking up their talent who were struggling elsewhere. Shows anyone can become anything at the right club and given the right opportunities.

That said, I have to say he seems he'll be replacing the spots left by Mataora and/orVaivai in NSW Cup. Stone has massive wraps on them and I can only assume they will be in our starting line up from the bench.

Still though, better than no one and better than blokes in their final years.

Agree with what you have said though I do believe natural talent, ability, work ethic etc all come into play. Some players are always going further then others obviously.

I agree though, he will be a low risk, decent reward type signing.

otori

Juniors
Fairfax reporting Manly have signed Tetevano if they can register him with the NRL. Apparently that's also where Mason is odds on to end up.

The Herald are having no luck gauging Boyd at all. yesterday it was adamant he was going to Brisbane despite the report of him having a change of heart, and now they admit they are as much in the dark as anyone. I think it is quite strange he would say those things at a function at which Bennett was present. Maybe that was the point though. He is torn by his loyalties. If he does stay he will get much more respect from the league community at large.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts