What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured targets 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knight Vision

First Grade
Loyalty goes as far as the money. More likely he cant fit in under the brisbane cap without a severe pay cut and has to wait until 2016

The Herald are having no luck gauging Boyd at all. yesterday it was adamant he was going to Brisbane despite the report of him having a change of heart, and now they admit they are as much in the dark as anyone. I think it is quite strange he would say those things at a function at which Bennett was present. Maybe that was the point though. He is torn by his loyalties. If he does stay he will get much more respect from the league community at large.

Yes and no. Simply put if Boyd stays and then re-signs a new deal then we will know for certain whether he is for real with his change of heart. If he leaves now or else signs with broncos for 2016 (a very real scenario) then we can all lay the boot into him again next season knowing full well his loyalty was the extent of the money given to him. This is the true test of Darius Boyd as a man in my view. He can go with the fait accompli of moving North or show that he has moved on from his Bennett days. The real satisfaction from that for me would be that Boyd's treatment for depression blows up in Bennett's face as he has realised he does not need Bennett to function as an adult. I regard Bennett's moves to sign Boyd as extremely arrogant and disrespectful of our club. Also add the fact that Alex is Darius' closest friend and it is understandable why Boyd may just be thinking differently these days. Noone denies McKinnon's injury hit Boyd hard.

Last edited:

slotmachine

First Grade
Why would we re-sign Boyd even if he wanted to stay?

I don't think Stone is as stupid as Bennett and wouldn't want two (or three) highly paid fullbacks on the books.

Noname36

First Grade
bahahahahaha wtf

I knew Kidley was getting too much :lol:

Seriously though, who pays our fine? Aren't we currently being run on NRL handouts?

Last edited:

perverse

Referee
Truly remarkable, really. Boggles the mind to think that we could be over the cap in any of the past 10 years.

Joker's Wild

Coach
:shock:

10600493_606927916096643_8264577036463881151_n.jpg

Noname36

First Grade
Stone's lost me already if that Kaufusi thing is in anyway true.

I'll let him get away with House but that is a f**king joke AK47m comes back :crazy:

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
I could handle house getting re-signed as a cover for injuries, if it was on a modest salary. I'd offer him 120k max, take it or leave it. Having said that, I'd prefer if he was let go and we blooded some youth.

perverse

Referee
I could also handle House, we're not flush for options where forwards are concerned. Kaufusi would be unforgivable, though. If I weren't a big manly man, I would want to cry.

Allstar Knights

Juniors
I haven't seen any quotes from the Knights or any credible info to suggest we're looking at Kaufusi.

All we know is that he's coming back to Australia.

Yosh

Coach
Why bother looking at shite players who are old and easily broken? I'd rather throw that money at a youngster and hope to develop him.

Spot On

Coach
Why bother looking at shite players who are old and easily broken? I'd rather throw that money at a youngster and hope to develop him.

A rookie prop could probably go very close to racking up 47m a game for us so there is absolutely no reason to recruit the AK again.

Noname36

First Grade
Still better than Kaufusi. At least he has potential to get better. AK47m couldn't cut it before going to England.

I really hope this is just one sick joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts