What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured targets 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

perverse

Referee
Young props often don't get up big metres for a number of reasons. Not as physically or mentally as developed as their older counterparts, usually playing shorter minutes and usually from the bench. AK was pumping out 47m for us when he was bloody starting... and he was old enough and ugly enough to do better - he had been a campaigner in the NRL for 7 years at that point and played with some of the best players in the world at Melbourne and Nth QLD. Ugh, god he is such a dud, I'll vomit if he comes back here.

Stockwell at the very least has a fair whack of potential. slotmachine, you are deadset impossible to please... weren't you bitching months ago that we should recruit some young bargain buys rather than going after the oldies? Is there anything the club can do to make you happy, or do you just live to hate?

The fact St George fans are blowing up that George Rose and Packer are his replacements suggests Stockwell is a pretty decent acquisition.

Last edited:

Knight Vision

First Grade
St George Illawarra Dragons to grant Jack Stockwell a release to join Newcastle Knights

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...o-join-newcastle-knights-20141022-11a30a.html

Great news, the best news in quite a while actually , former Junior Roo , he could be a great signing. He will be 23 when he runs out for us and at 192cm and 105 kg you would think his best footy is ahead of him.

"St George Illawarra Dragons prop Jack Stockwell is a recent graduate of the Club’s National Youth Competition team with two seasons of first-grade to draw from.

The Picton Magpies junior made 20 first-grade appearances and for the Red V last season and tallied two tries as well as making 444 tackles.

The versatile utility, who can also play in the second-row or lock, earned himself selection into the New South Wales Residents representative squad in 2012.

Stockwell previously featured for four seasons in the Club’s NYC team and was additionally part of the respective Young Kangaroos and New South Wales Under 20’s State of Origin squad in 2012."

Last edited:

slotmachine

First Grade
Good signing. Happy we're not signing washed up hacks like Kafusi,

Young players seem to improve under Stone so hopefully he turns into a solid first grader.

He is a prop who can rotate to the back row. Martin Kennedy on the market now. All for it for the right deal as long as it involves incentives to get full payment. Getting the arse from a club for underperformance should mean the club you go to has all the power in negotiations. None of this take the contract on bullshit. You take the offer or leave it.

Rod

Bench
Happy enough with Stockwell, adds much needed depth if nothing else.

I really liked Kennedy a couple of years ago. Could be worth a punt if he can get the fire back in his belly but as always it'd come down to us not overpaying him as Showstopper said.

Joker's Wild

Coach
Another second rower to add to the pile

Dont let the article fool you mate, the kid is a prop and has played pretty much all of his FG footy there or at lock, which is pretty much the same thing these days

Very happy with this signing. I have rated the kid since his NYC days

Yosh

Coach
Stockwell vs. Kafusi? Easy for me.

If we add Kennedy and Stockwell, we seem stronger already.

League_God

Juniors
I notice B Moz has signed with doggies for 4 years. Surely this has got to be positive news for us re: retaining sione and co.

voltron

Juniors
i thought stockwell was one of the better players for the dragons the last time we played them
so happy with that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts