What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured targets 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

perverse

Referee
In the off-season I thought Mason was on his last legs. But if he keeps playing like he has been I'd be happy for him to get a one year extension.
Me too, I think he's best suited to the bench these days. He seems capable of coming on and giving us a quick lift.

slotmachine

First Grade
Outstanding work once again Knights.

I see a whole lot more Mason/Houston/Fa'alogo in 2015.

And, to add to the cherry on top, ASADA will probably come knocking.

perverse

Referee
Bloody ASADA, what's their story anyway? Taking their time with whatever the f**k they're doing. I would have thought if they had what they needed, it would have all been dealt with a long time ago? I've never seen a drug scandel drag out even half this long.

Anyway - if ASADA does bite us... that's probably 2 more forwards down the drain. Maybe we're going for some sort of record on number of forwards lost before their contract expires or some such.

slotmachine

First Grade
I appreciate their thoroughness but to have players under suspicion for almost 18 months isn't fair.

There was word that show cause notices would be sent by the end of May.

I find it quite amazing that for about 10 years or more we have been calling for a quality prop or 2 on this forum. If things haven't changed in that time I don't foresee us gaining a quality prop any time soon.

ryana87

Juniors
Canberra just announced they have signed tedesco and procter....... When was the last time we signed 2 big name players in one hit

Frederick

Staff member
Canberra just announced they have signed tedesco and procter....... When was the last time we signed 2 big name players in one hit

Canberra have Ricky Stuart - sign James Tedesco and Kevin Proctor

We have Wayne Bennett - sign Marvin Filipo

:crazy:

Noname36

First Grade
Tbh I think even we could have gotten Tedesco on what I've heard the Raiders are paying him. Granted not what we need though.

RHCP

Bench
~$650K isn't it?

Meh, Tedesco and Proctor are the last players we need. Props, props, props.

There is plenty of contracted props unresolved as to where they will be next season. We cannot do a thing until we know what our debt is and learn what the new Management structure is. No manger is going negotiate when they can't tell their client what we are planning. This could have a silver lining. I think the lack of transparency from HSG has been a bigger issue when signing players than we were led to believe. I think the rumours of Tinker's money dealings being high stakes gambling essentially, made players and their agents very nervous as to the financial stability of any contracts. This is the issue I feel could decide whether Wayne stays or goes. His frustrations I feel he has kept to himself. There is sure to be quality players out there wanting a big money deal waiting for us to put it on the table. I am confident we will sort this out.

Just as a side note ESL side Salford who are owned by billionaire Marwan Koukash, have won 1 from their last 9 games and he is the richest owner in the game over there. Money does not always buy titles. He has spent plenty on players as well.

Last edited:

Spot On

Coach

Proctor signed with Mlb didn't he??? That's why they let Hoffman go.

I'm going to assume Bennett let Cuthbo go knowing he has at least two very good prop replacements to help cover the gaping f**king hole in the team sheet for R1 next year.

Assumption, of course, is the mother of all f**k ups!

Alex28

Coach
Now that the Broncos are outed

Milford? At least we are a direct flight to Brisbane to see the olds. He could just take Tinky's jet!

;-)

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited:

Noname36

First Grade
Now that the Broncos are outed

Milford? At least we are a direct flight to Brisbane to see the olds. He could just take Tinky's jet!

;-)

I like Milf but we have absolutely no use for him...especially while we still have Boyd on the books playing fullback and eating up the cap.

Money needs to go to props and props only. If we sign a f**king back I think I'll lose it.

Noname36

First Grade
Bloke in the Dragons forum reckons Saints are trying to get Sims out of his contract to go to the Dragons as a package deal with Tariq and Ashton. Now that's one I'll have a heart attack over if we lose. The only thing keeping me going at the moment is the prospect that things might get brighter in the future due to the young talent at the club.

Nuffy

Bench
Bloke in the Dragons forum reckons Saints are trying to get Sims out of his contract to go to the Dragons as a package deal with Tariq and Ashton. Now that's one I'll have a heart attack over if we lose. The only thing keeping me going at the moment is the prospect that things might get brighter in the future due to the young talent at the club.

There would be zero chance of Sims getting a release unless there were other deals already done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts