What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Woody90

Juniors
It is really sobering that next year is a rebuilding year... of a team on track to run 12th.

Seems more like a part rebuild of the forward pack only. If we are going under the assumption that a new coach is possibly pulling some of the strings, seems like they’re not happy with some of our forward recruitment decisions in Elliot and Hetherington and now the club is trying to undo it.

We just never seem to be able to get our forward recruitment right. Even when we signed Klemmer who seemed like a great signing at the time he ended up being lazy and from what I’ve heard a destabilising influence here. We need a leader. We need less of the likes of DSaf and Klemmer and more of the likes of Thompson (although I’m legitimately worried the longer he’s here the more he’s likely to go down the path of the former 2).

If we could somehow clear out the likes of DSaf, Hetherington, Elliot, Mann, Jones, etc. im sure we could get a few bargin front rowers who won’t offer us any less than what we currently have on huge $$$$.

Jono078

Referee
I wonder what our genuine plans are for wingers next year.

Marzhew is an obvious choice but the 2nd best winger being Tuala or another year old Hymel Hunt is a huge concern.

Marzhew is an obvious choice but the 2nd best winger being Tuala or another year old Hymel Hunt is a huge concern.

Mapapalangi
Moceidreke
Sasagi
Wainohu-Kemp
Armstrong
Pryce
Miller

All are chances for a wing spot next year. I think the depth in the back 5 is pretty good

Woody90

Juniors

I think I’d play Pryce to ease him in with view to maybe develop him as a centre to replace Gags the following year. He can kick goals apparently.

Yosh

Coach
I love our back five at the moment. All of them love bringing the ball out and doing the yardage stuff but can finish off a backline move as well. Hopefully whoever takes Young's spot will be a like for like replacement. Don't want Tuala because his carries out of our half are very weak at best.

Woody90

Juniors
In all honesty if Gagai keeps playing like he did on Saturday we could play a traffic cone at right wing.

Still really gutted Dom is leaving though. From what I’ve heard we didn’t have much of a chance of keeping him. Between the money, chance to live in Bondi which is attractive for a UK player and apparently promise he will play centre there. Jeez he must be a bit apprehensive though going to play in that backline at the moment. I feel they’re going to just use him as a battering ram.

Knight Tales

Bench
In all honesty if Gagai keeps playing like he did on Saturday we could play a traffic cone at right wing.

Still really gutted Dom is leaving though. From what I’ve heard we didn’t have much of a chance of keeping him. Between the money, chance to live in Bondi which is attractive for a UK player and apparently promise he will play centre there. Jeez he must be a bit apprehensive though going to play in that backline at the moment. I feel they’re going to just use him as a battering ram.
If Robbo perfects his defensive deficiencies he will become what he promises to be. Full credit to Macca for finding this kid. He is a superstar. I honestly think he is going to be a dual international. The European Rugby money is inevitable.

macavity

Referee
If Robbo perfects his defensive deficiencies he will become what he promises to be. Full credit to Macca for finding this kid. He is a superstar. I honestly think he is going to be a dual international. The European Rugby money is inevitable.

He isn't even that bad in defence. He makes the usual winger bad reads.

His biggest problem is his hands.

Yosh

Coach
Apart from him dropping bombs, I don't see any problems in his game. Won't have to catch any bombs at centre so good for the Roosters.

Woody90

Juniors
My only issue with Dom is that he's a bit of a flat track bully. When the team is doing well he's a weapon but when we're up against it he isn't really in there taking runs and he runs away from bombs rather than taking them. He's not alone there though in our team.

Compare that to Marzhew who is in there helping the forwards and taking runs no matter how much pressure we're under (it helps that he's probably stronger than most of the forwards granted haha).

Not sure how Young will go at centre tbh. His strengths (speed and height) make him the perfect winger. The Roosters are notorious though for just buying the best players available and playing them anywhere. Sometimes it works for them and sometimes it doesn't. Time will tell how Dom goes if he is moved to centre...I'd personally be very reluctant to move him though given how well he's been doing on the wing.

Zoidberg

First Grade
With Brookes looking to move on from the Tigers Matt Johns mentioned us on Sunday night as a club possibly interested.
Hopefully we’ve moved on from wanting him now we have Hastings.

Haffa

KNIGHTS REJECT DUO’S EXIT CHATTER

The Knights have rejected speculation they’re looking to release Daniel Saifiti (2026) and Bradman Best (2024).

The duo have been linked with an exit amid chatter the club is facing salary cap pressure and the club’s director of football Peter Parr has responded.

“There’s never been a discussion had about releasing Daniel or Bradman,” Parr told the Newcastle Herald.

“I understand that with recruitment and retention, there are always rumours floating around in the world of rugby league. But we have no desire to release either player. It’s our intention that they both end up as long-term players for the Knights.

“I’ve reiterated that to both the players, and their agents, and I’ve never had a discussion about either player with another club.”

Parr said Newcastle are looking to re-sign Best before he hits the open market on November 1.

“That would be our preferred option ... we’ll let Bradman keep playing his footy for the moment, and see what eventuates down the track,” Parr said.

Dan's under contract for 3 more years? No wonder he's so comfortable.

Burwood

Bench
All of this speculation because Danny Weidler wrote something in his gossip column a few weeks ago. No quotes from the club, no named sources- just Weidler’s word.

Latest posts