What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Yosh

Coach
We did give away Stargord To'a recently to keep Tuala didn't we?

We still don't want Mata'utai back? I'd be more than happy to see him back and play on the left edge.

If we sign Luke Brooks, I don't know how I'd be able to support the club anymore. I'm okay with signing him but I feel we need a hooker more than anything and we would probably sign Brooks on 800k a year and ruin our cap further.

Knight Tales

Bench
Unless the two Englishmen hit the ground running that squad is no better than this year
It does not help their respective coaches in England are absolute shite. Ian Watson makes Brian Smith’s infamous perpetual roster changes look cut and paste by comparison. Always has an excuse. Will is in one week. out the next. One week Off the bench. The next starting fullback. He has literally stalled his progress.

aqua_duck

Coach
Also doesn't help that we just can't seem to find any NRL size bodies.

Aside from the Safs (who are tall but not thick, although tend to play over weight) and Fitz (who again is tall but not thick) everyone who comes out of our system seems to be quite undersized.

I wonder if we still judge kids on skill level at 15 instead of NRL potential at 20.
Also the Safs weren’t even in our Mats or Ball program., they came in at NYC level via Ron Massey cup. I think a lot of the big, athletic kids at that age can be abit raw and perhaps not as coached up so coaches are more inclined to pick kids who are abit more or a known quantity.
Just curious what the Polynesian population is like in Newie these days? Areas with massive Polynesian concentrations like western Sydney and south east Qld seem to be the areas pumping out the talent

macavity

Referee
Also the Safs weren’t even in our Mats or Ball program., they came in at NYC level via Ron Massey cup. I think a lot of the big, athletic kids at that age can be abit raw and perhaps not as coached up so coaches are more inclined to pick kids who are abit more or a known quantity.
Just curious what the Polynesian population is like in Newie these days? Areas with massive Polynesian concentrations like western Sydney and south east Qld seem to be the areas pumping out the talent

not many polys. Population growth is Asian, Indian, and white Aussie from Sydney.

Knight Tales

Bench
If we are doing business with the Dragons I wouldn’t mind us trading Best for Zac Lomax. Last year’s idiocy aside with Friz in Wollongong he is everything we need. Strong, fast and can kick goals. But he is the last player they would let go.

slotmachine

First Grade
Apart from being incapable of placing the ball on the ground over the try line when a defender is within 5 meters of him, Best has been outstanding this year. No way I'd be swapping him for Lomax who is a worse player and looks like a shit bloke to boot.

Woody90

Juniors
No thanks to Lomax. We’re not going to fix our problems by focusing on replacing on of the few players who have been decent this year with a worse player from a club that is somehow even worse than us.

perverse

Referee
Apart from being incapable of placing the ball on the ground over the try line when a defender is within 5 meters of him, Best has been outstanding this year. No way I'd be swapping him for Lomax who is a worse player and looks like a shit bloke to boot.
Totally agree, I don't know why everyone likes bashing on him. It's pretty funny how often he crosses the line and doesn't score, but it's generally because he's so f**king strong. There's not a better 21 year old centre in the country.

Knight Tales

Bench
Not really bashing on Best but we need a quality goal kicker. And Lomax was the closest I could think of who would be a realistic trade without a total disruption.

Old dog

Bench
Not fussed either way with Lorax but why a swap, just get him, fixes goal kicking, move Gags to wing, 1-5 good and strong