What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Pleb

Juniors
I think Morris is the pick of the bunch imo. Taking the piss even considering Mary would hope Parr is smarter then that

Jono078

Referee
Hannay scares me because I think he’s getting a lot of credit for Qld’s success but they’re all good players and have a lot of modern players in the coaching roles. It’s not hard to look good there basically. For mine Morris has the better apprenticeship and did better when given the reigns of being top coach.

The fact he knows Newcastle and has a record of bringing in youngsters and preparing them for the NRL is very enticing too.

For me right now it’s Morris #1 by a fair distance. Then Hannay. Then I’d rather see if AOB could turn things around before bringing in Mary.

Apey

Staff member
Hi Dragons fan here. Newcastle is my second team. We do not want Mann back thankyou very much. No returns. Getting excited about Mary coming lol
Don't worry I don't think even the Dragons would be dumb enough to take him. Superleague for sure.

Nuke

Staff member
I've been surprised that Josh Hannay's name hasn't been spoken about or debated before now.

Of this lot, I think a John Morris / Brian McDermott combination might be our better option.

Old dog

Bench
Playing under Obi his form will slump and we will be whinging about poor recruitment as per nearly everyone else

Jono078

Referee
This is the other thing shitting me. We're still building AOB's roster when the bloke is on the chopping board.

So whoever comes in next has these brand new nuffies on contracts with player options.

Alex28

Coach
This is the other thing shitting me. We're still building AOB's roster when the bloke is on the chopping board.

So whoever comes in next has these brand new nuffies on contracts with player options.
Are we?

If the club is looking for a new coach, this is Parr and Gardner’s roster without knowing what style of play we are going with next year.

Jono078

Referee
Are we?

If the club is looking for a new coach, this is Parr and Gardner’s roster without knowing what style of play we are going with next year.
Give up on the Gardner hate. The bloke's in Europe, not thinking about an Adam Pompey or Jed Cartwright - I can assure you.

Parr yes, he is accountable for recruitment decisions for sure and I've not liked his decisions to date.

Fact is we have a roster to fill and there's not many keen to come here. Perhaps there aren't any NRL players out there keen to be coached by AOB based on his results over the past 4 yeards.

Alex28

Coach
The CEO is absolutely signing off on player contracts. It’s amazing what can be done via mobile phone and email these days…

Let’s talk next year when we have the same problems and you want that coach sacked, thinking that’s going to solve the problem.

Jono078

Referee
The CEO is absolutely signing off on player contracts. It’s amazing what can be done via mobile phone and email these days…

Let’s talk next year when we have the same problems and you want that coach sacked, thinking that’s going to solve the problem.

I don't even know what you want.

Say Gardner moves on... You think that's going to magically fix the team and AOB's coaching?

Let's get a new coach in and see how that goes first.

Alex28

Coach
I don't even know what you want.

Say Gardner moves on... You think that's going to magically fix the team and AOB's coaching?

Let's get a new coach in and see how that goes first.
Gardner moving on and the club employing a CEO who knows how football clubs run, creates stability and stops the churn of staff would be a great start.

But sure, a new coach with the same uninspiring players should fix it.

aqua_duck

Coach
Gardner moving on and the club employing a CEO who knows how football clubs run, creates stability and stops the churn of staff would be a great start.

Gardner isn’t moving on unless he chooses to retire and even then we’re not getting a football minded CEO because the knights make up a tiny percentage of Wests overall business. Even if we get an official knights ceo that person will pretty much just replace Parr and still answer to whoever is wests CEO. Just out of curiosity how many CEOs around the league do you think have a prior football background?

Spot On

Coach

We’ve been shit house in all facets of rugby league - results and development - for 20 years.

Wests have been in charge for just over a quarter of that time.

It has been uninspiring at the joint for a long, long time.

perverse

Referee

lol, you don't think Phil actually even knows who Adam Pompey is do you?? I mean sure, he signs the paperwork...

Latest posts